Why is green tea called green tea
How is green tea and black tea made?
When making black tea, the leaves are rolled. As a result, the cell walls break open and oxygen molecules from the air can bind to the enzymes in the cell juices. This creates a natural fermentation process and the originally green tea leaves turn into black tea. The tea is then dried at around 85 degrees. At the end only about six percent of its moisture is retained and the transformation is complete. After the procedure, the tea tastes stronger and essential oils are created that provide a completely different taste. Black tea also contains more caffeine, while green tea contains more vitamin C.
Green tea does not stay green without heat
Fermentation is prevented for the production of green tea. The freshly picked, green tea leaves are exposed to great heat. So that the enzymes present in the leaves cannot oxidize, they are allowed to evaporate. Whether the green tea leaves are "steamed" in drums for minutes after harvesting with hot steam (Japanese method) or, as is customary in China, exposed to great heat for seconds in large cast iron pans at almost 300 degrees, the natural fermentation process is always the norm of the tea prevents, and the tea stays green.
Strictly speaking, the term fermentation is not entirely accurate when it comes to tea. Correctly, one would have to speak of oxidation, but the term fermentation has been used in traditional tea language to this day.
- What are spatial data
- Are crime warrants nationwide
- How do I establish my self worth
- What is intellectual history
- Which language has more science
- What is quantitative management and quantitative finance
- Who is the famous poet of Germany
- What are all the factors in 100
- Netflix is free on Roku
- What are considered terrible films
- Why is the PolymerJS project not active
- Can a Muslim be a nihilist
- Most underwriters have a bachelor's degree
- How is the MainFrame technology at Nagarro
- Why is infrastructure important for economic development
- Are there British Bitcoin exchanges
- Applying hair gel causes hair loss
- What is a psychological case profile
- Is the IMF corrupt
- What is NASA doing completely wrong
- Is beer really better than scotch
- How to remove blackheads and pimples
- How is the PIO card used?
- You Can Get Cancer From Hair Dyes