Is Birdman from Birdman real
Whenever Riggan Thomson has hit rock bottom, that deep voice suddenly booms in his head. For example, once he wakes up in the gutter, miserable and badly hungover, his head bedded on a stinking garbage bag, and off he goes.
"God," says the voice. "You look bad, brother. Come on, get up! You are not a great actor. So what? You surpass these theatrical hooters by far. You are a movie star, man, a global brand! Don't you get that?"
And Thomson gets up, and it's amazing how relentlessly the long-lost, old, now finally rediscovered Michael Keaton bare himself here: wrinkled and blotchy the skin, mangy the thinning hair. So he's stalking through Manhattan in a crumpled trench coat, and suddenly there's a man in a shimmering black bird costume behind him, and now the voice is speaking through his bird of prey mask.
"You've earned yourself a reputation, buddy, and a fortune. Now both of them are gone. So what? Fuck it. They're expecting great things from us! So shave off that ridiculous goatee, get an operation! You're the original, man." Give people what they want: good, old, badass apocalypse porn until the teens shit themselves in. A billion dollars worldwide, guaranteed! All you have to do is ... "
The urge to find something else
And at that moment Thomson, who seems bigger and more upright and determined with every word, snaps his fingers, and next to him on the street there is an explosion, and then a blockbuster apocalypse really starts, with stormtroopers and helicopter crashes and On-board cannons on continuous fire and hostile monsters on the roof. Only to be gone as suddenly as it appeared.
Because "Birdman" by Alejandro González Iñárritu, the opening film in Venice, currently nominated for nine Oscars, tries a kind of rehab. He sends his main character Riggan Thomson - a former superhero actor, the man who was once "Birdman" - into an almost Faustian purgatory.
Because the ego trips and fantasies of omnipotence, the giant checks and the global attention, the whole dolby booming sound of the apocalypse porn that dominates our imagination, this Thomson knows all too well. At least as good as its actor Michael Keaton - the man who was once "Batman". That gives the thing even more biographical oomph.
But the thing is: Thomson has had enough. Long time. Despite the whisperings of his superhero voice, which accompanies him Mephistophelically, he wants to find something different, better, more real. Like almost everyone in the film business. Like even those who are currently cranking down all the blockbuster films, one after the other.
- What does science proof mean
- What is Arcadia Parkeast
- Can former presidents be indicted in 2020?
- Why is ice a homogeneous mixture
- The Blackfyres had dragons
- Are photon energies preserved in the general theory of relativity
- How does the bounce rate affect SEO
- Is there a way to reduce clumsiness
- What is calendly
- How fast can ovarian cancer spread
- Are cannulas painful
- What is a technical service desk
- Mathematical physics is difficult to understand
- What should you eat before playing football?
- What forms of government did Aristotle want?
- Why do people hate folding laundry
- What does applied engineering mean
- What is the platform of the Socialist Party
- How are tigers and bears alike?
- Why are Indians so crazy about Eminem
- What foods contain tryptophan
- How was your experience with Gyanshetra
- What is a boot sector virus 1
- What is the traditional food of Delhi
- What's your favorite Lil Wayne song
- When will Google open a Nexus store?
- What is the heaviest water-based liquid
- What does sanity mean
- What equipment did you use today?
- What does OVO mean when writing SMS
- Why are 1 and 2 equal to 4
- How can I measure my testosterone level
- Why are most hairdressers women