Who solved the Navier Stokes equation
Millennium Problems: Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equation Possibly Solved
One of the great problems of mathematics seems to be solved: the proof of the existence and the regularity of a strong solution of the three-dimensional Navier-Stokes equation of incompressible fluids. This fluid mechanics problem is one of the seven Millennium Problems for which the Clay Mathematics Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts has awarded prize money of one million dollars each. There are now only six left, because one of them, the Poincaré conjecture, is considered solved. The Russian mathematician Grigori Perelman, however, refused the award that had been awarded to him.
Apparently, things are different with Professor Dr. Mukhtarbay Otelbaev from the Faculty of Basic and Applied Mathematics at the Eurasian National University L.N. Gumilyov in the Kazakh capital Astana. In his paper, which has so far only been published in Russian, he specifically refers to the Clay Mathematics Institute's claim. However, experts have already identified slight differences between the description of the problem by the Clay Institute (PDF) and Otelbaev's formulation, but its solution may even be more general.
Dr. As one of the most important scientists in Kazakhstan, Otelbaev is no stranger to the scene. He has been working on the Navier-Stokes problem for nearly 35 years; He published over 200 studies on the topic. Many other mathematicians have tried the problem as well, but have failed. Otelbaev lists 22 of his own attempted solutions and wrong turns in his work.
Just a few hours after his evidence became known, the international community pounced on it and initially took on the task of translating as part of a joint Git project. The first pages are already available as a Tex document. So it should not be long before even non-Russian-speaking mathematicians can accept the proof in order to verify or falsify it. (as)Read comments (143) Go to homepage
- In which direction should rows of vegetable gardens run
- What are the best pubs in Germany
- Who organizes Quora meetups in Shanghai
- What is nuclear disaster management
- What is a help desk call center
- Can I stroke an armadillo?
- Who hates PUBG
- How do electrons get a negative charge
- What is a solar air conditioner
- What are some soothing instrumental songs
- Should we buy clone phones
- Is CPA better than IIM
- Can all transverse waves be polarized?
- David Bowie was a musical genius
- What is Operation Sea Lion
- Take homeopathic tablets
- Australian police officers carry guns
- What are the absolute best ear plugs
- What are computer algorithms for playing cards
- How do metaphors work
- Where can I learn everything about cars
- People still play Sega Dreamcast
- Can you motivate creativity
- Why are Swifty Scooters so popular