How much can an MLS referee earn
Salaries The professional football referee
Football referees face a grueling and difficult task trying to obey the rules of the game as 22 players battle it out on the field for supremacy. While this is not an easy task, the referees are well compensated for their work. Professional referees in North America earn respectable wages in Major League Soccer, while their European counterparts earn extremely lucrative game fees in their various leagues.
As of 2009, referees in MLS will receive a starting salary of $ 565 per game. With experience, that pay increases to $ 875. For assistant referees with 20 or less experience, pay starts at $ 255 per game and increases to $ 495 after more than 76 games. For the fourth official, the entry fee is $ 205 per game, with a maximum of $ 285 per game.
As of 2009, MLS umpires in the playoffs will earn $ 1,000 for the first round, $ 1,200 for the second round, and $ 1,500 for MLS Cup games. Assistant referees in the playoffs earn $ 520 in the first round, rise to $ 525 in the second round, and increase to $ 750 in the MLS Cup. Fourth officials earn $ 350 for round one games, $ 450 for round two games, and $ 600 in the MLS Cup.
In MLS exhibition games, a referee earns $ 185 per game as of 2009. The assistant referee earns $ 135, the junior assistant referee $ 110, and the fourth referee $ 75. Judges receive bonuses based on their assessment. The top five referees will each receive a bonus of $ 1,500, while the top ten assistant referees will receive a bonus of $ 1,000. The referees also receive a daily allowance and accommodation during playoff games.
The referee earn different fees internationally, with the highest wages among European leagues. As of 2011, English referees earn € 1,170 ($ 1,675) per game, while German referees earn € 3,600 per game ($ 5,153). Italian referees take a respectable € 3,400 (US $ 4,867) per game and French referees to earn € 2,751 (US $ 3,938). Portuguese referees collect a fee of € 1,188 (€ 1,700) per game. Spanish umpires are the highest paid players, making a whopping € 0.66 (€ 857) for a 90 minute game.
Video tutorials: Football: Social Responsibility in a Billion Dollar Business | Sports club | NDR documentary.
- Why weather forecast is a chaotic system
- Does marijuana affect motivation to exercise
- Europeans regard non-Europeans as equals
- What color are yellow and black
- Why are European buildings so beautiful
- Happiness can only be obtained through sacrifice
- Does your child know you are bisexual
- Who was the funniest president
- Why is ice a homogeneous mixture
- Why do most schools have summer vacation
- What is your rating of Chamonix France
- What is a split nut
- How to grow desert flowers
- What is the most terrible website
- Were biological weapons used against livestock?
- How to evade a skill in Taekwondo
- Why is my light switch sparkling
- Name two behavioral politicians
- Is the therapy expensive?
- How are missiles reused?
- Why am I attracted to hurtful people?
- What is seen as self harm
- What does portfolio preference mean in MUN
- Why should doctors be online