Linkin Park is no longer a band
Linkin Park got together after an almost three year hiatus to work together on new music. Bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell announced this during an interview for the online show "Dan Really Likes Wine".
After the suicide of their lead singer Chester Bennington in 2017, the other Linkin Park members initially took a break to deal with grief. Before the outbreak of the current coronavirus pandemic, however, Farrell said they met again for the first time to exchange ideas about new songs.
“Even before this all started, we wrote new songs together,” the musician said in the interview, “but currently we tend to meet at Zoom meetings, where we have lunch together and just say 'Hi' to each other. “In the meantime, the individual members of the band passed their time in self-isolation by continuing to work on new song ideas in their own four walls. Phoenix himself also started playing the drums, "just to try something new."
Farrell has not yet revealed whether the new material will also be released under the name Linkin Park, possibly even with some of Bennington's existing vocals, or whether the remaining members will choose a different band name. Co-vocalist Mike Shinoda once said in a live Instagram question and answer session that the idea of going on tour with a “hologram Chester” was “absolutely the worst” for him.
Whether you can work with another singer is another question. In 2019 he said in a “Rock Antenne” interview: “If we can find someone who suits us well in terms of their personality and musical style, I could well imagine working with them. Not to replace Chester, though. I would never want to feel like we're replacing Chester in any way. "
Shinoda himself had released his first solo album in 2018. POST TRAUMATIC was created in the months after Bennington's death and was described by him as an "album about healing". ME author Paula Irmschler described the songs to be found on it in her review as "Pop-Rap with full droning ouch" and awarded four out of six possible stars.
Bennington's former band Gray Daze, in which the late singer played before joining Linkin Park, had also announced a new album called AMENDS in early February 2020. The record is due for release on June 26th and consists of re-recorded versions of old songs that retain Bennington's original vocals.
- Requires NMAT 50 to complete
- What does a dowry mean in India
- What is gold resistant for?
- What does egg-like really mean
- What temperature is dangerous for humans
- Most fan theory readers are gamers too
- What are the reasons for juvenile crimes
- What does your workplace look like
- Surgery will permanently damage your body
- How effective is ciprofloxacin for toothache
- Other websites such as productunt offer app
- How do you clean a flute
- Are vegans afraid of animals
- How to study finance online
- What doesn't control the stock market
- What is Einstein's PE equation
- How does psychology influence corporate management
- Why is federalism better than Marxism?
- Freeware has copyright restrictions
- Which language can be transpiled in C ++
- How does helium behave at room temperature?
- Is the right to privacy negotiable
- What are some strange facts about words
- Can you ride electric scooters on sidewalks