Are dreams out of time
Degenkolb's tour dreams destroyed by a fall
Oberurseler did not make it to the time limit of the 1st stage
John Degenkolb (Lotto Soudal) after his fall on the 1st stage of the 107th Tour de France | Photo: Cor Vos
08/29/2020 | (rsn) - For John Degenkolb (Lotto Soudal), the 107th Tour de France has already ended after the Grand Départ in Nice. The man from Oberursel fell, like so many of his colleagues, on the rain-soaked and slippery streets around the southern French port metropolis and no longer made it to the time limit.
After the stage, Degenkolb, Tour stage winner 2018 in Roubaix, also had to visit a hospital where his injuries should be examined. In the evening there was a confirmation from Lotto Soudal on Twitter, and Degenkolb himself commented on his early departure on Instagram.
"A fall threw Caleb Ewan, me and numerous other riders on the wet ground and destroyed all my dreams ... destroyed my Tour de France on the first day," wrote the 31-year-old. “With open knees and severe pain, I was able to finish the stage solo, but with 18 minutes late I'm of course way out of the time limit. Of course it's incredibly frustrating, but that's the brutal reality of cycling… sad, ”said Degenkolb, who fell on both knees 65 kilometers from the finish.
"The main problem is my right knee, but the kneecap is fine," Degenkolb was quoted as saying in a press release later that evening. "I am deeply disappointed to leave the tour like this, especially on the first day. There is nothing we can do. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I think it's better for my health to go home. It's the season not over yet. "
But that's not all for the bad news for Lotto Soudal. Philippe Gilbert was also injured in a fall and had to go to a hospital, as his team wrote. Sprinter Ewan was able to continue the race, but ultimately did not get past 19th place. "I'm of course disappointed because the yellow jersey (on the opening day, editor's note) was my big goal on this tour," said the 26-year-old Australian, who had won three more stages on his debut in 2019.
“The whole team just had a bad day,” said Ewan, summarizing the start for Lotto Soudal. While it will at least continue for him tomorrow, it is already over for Degenkolb after only 156 kilometers.
- Why taking allopurinol can cause gout
- What is the importance of 3D printing
- Is the Deep Net Dream market reliable
- Should I join NIT or BITS?
- Can superdeterminism be refuted
- Can I apply for my deceased husband's pension?
- What are the most useful video apps
- How can I root my Samsung J7
- Who met a wendigo?
- How much does the EOS lip balm cost
- How should I submit a NIL GST
- What is a layover
- How do OCR and OMR differ
- What is the classification of legal research
- What is ketone carboxylic acid
- How does HIV affect a person
- How do astronauts see the earth
- There are no ICBMs
- Will cryptocurrencies fall again
- What does value mean in a person
- What looks good with cowboy boots for men
- What is a chemical used in embalming
- How do I select repeated records in SQL
- Why is sand called a fine aggregate