How do our bodies change our mass?
Mass and Force in Physics
The concept of force in physics
One can only recognize forces by their effects. You can deform bodies, accelerate bodies, slow down bodies and change the direction of movement of bodies. Forces have size, direction and point of application. They are represented by arrows (force vectors), see vector calculation.
Definition of weight in physics
Weight is the force with which a body is attracted to the earth. It is location-dependent.
Units of measure for the Weight force
The unit of measurement of force is the newton (N).
e.g. F = 10 N or F = 0.2 N or F = 100 N
The concept of Dimensions in physics
Every body has a mass. This is expressed in “being heavy” and “being sluggish”. However, the mass of a body does not depend on the location. However, it can be determined by comparing the masses on the scales.
Units of measure for the mass
The unit of measurement for mass is the kilogram (kg).
e.g. m = 10 kg or m = 100 g or m = 10 mg
Newton's law of force
Who starts faster, a moped or a truck?
What does the magnitude of the acceleration depend on?
The engine power and mass determine the acceleration.
We accelerate a mass m with different forces.
If the mass remains constant, then the force is variable.
The greater the force, the greater the acceleration.
In other words: the acceleration is proportional to the force.
We accelerate masses of different sizes with the same force.
If the force remains constant, then the mass is variable.
The larger the mass, the smaller the acceleration.
In other words: the acceleration is inversely proportional to the mass.
Force, mass and acceleration are interdependent.
Formula acceleration = force / mass
a = F / m
A precise check can be carried out with a series of measurements on the roadway.
Newton's law of force
It is also called the dynamic constitution.
Galileo Galilei's Theorem of Inertia
A body remains at rest or in uniform motion when there is no force acting on it.
In other words:
A body can only change its state of motion under the influence of a force.
Why does a car that is driven at full throttle only reach a certain top speed?
Formula acceleration force = driving force - friction force
F.b = Fa - Fr
When the frictional force Fr is exactly as great as the driving force Fa, then the speed no longer increases.
Definition of the unit of force 1 Newton
The force 1 N acts when a body with a mass of 1 kg has an acceleration of 1 m / s2 is granted.
You need these formulas, for example, for the Acceleration measurement on the road.
Here you will find an overview of further contributions on the subject of mechanics,it also contains links to tasks.
These and other teaching materials are available in our shop packages with many PDF files from 1 euro and for teachers as WORD files that you can change as you wish.
- Are taxis safe in Hamburg?
- How free is America compared to Taiwan
- How did the Heartbleed bug come about
- What use is Bhakthi Yoga
- Did the Spinosaurus eat meat
- How do I question Persian girls
- Most of all, how can I escape
- What is the value 129
- What prevents water fights
- Why are eagles so small and yet so powerful
- What are examples of non-metallic elements
- Why do plants disappear when they die?
- Which branch of the military handles communication?
- Why are Hotmail accounts classified as unprofessional
- Are you making a profit on the stock exchange
- Why does the Honeywell thermostat stay on the auxiliary thermometer
- Should I do film reviews
- Mathematicians like basic algebra
- What does brain food really mean
- What is sustainable community development
- Supports the Samsung Z3 4G LTE
- Is the term contemporary history an oxymoron
- What are manipulators in object-oriented programming
- What is a pace