How many Grammys has Whitney Houston won
Grammys : Adele wins - But Whitney Houston's death overshadows awards ceremony
Overshadowed by the death of the pop diva Whitney Houston, the Grammy Music Awards were presented in Los Angeles. With a prayer and the performance of the Houston hit "I will always love you", the music world bowed to the late singer at the gala on Sunday evening (local time). The big winner of the Grammys was the British Adele with six trophies, including the awards for the best single and the best album.
"There's no getting around it: We had a death in our family," said rapper LL Cool J, who hosted the 54th Grammys. After the opening song by rock legend Bruce Springsteen, LL Cool J said a short prayer for Houston, who on Had died Saturday at the age of 48 under unexplained circumstances in her hotel room in Beverly Hills.
Then a film clip was shown in which Houston sings her hit "I will always love you". "Whitney, we will always love you," said LL Cool J as the audience rose from their seats with a clap. Singer Jennifer Hudson later performed the pop ballad dressed all in black on the darkened stage to commemorate Houston.
Whitney Houston's career in pictures:
Adele won Grammys in all six categories in which she was nominated for one of the little golden gramophones. “Oh God, thank you very much,” said the tearful singer when her record “21” was named album of the year. The disc also won the award for best pop album. "The inspiration for this album was something that is really normal and that everyone has been through: a bad relationship," said the Briton.
The Grammy jury not only selected Adele's hit "Rolling in the Deep" as the best single and the best song, but also honored the short music video that went with it. Adele sang the song live at the gala, celebrating an acclaimed comeback after vocal cord surgery in November. In addition, the 23-year-old singer received a Grammy for best solo performance by a pop artist for her song "Someone Like You".
The US band Foo Fighters also had a successful evening, scooping five Grammys - among others for the best rock song (“Walk”) and the best rock album (“Wasting Light”). The US rapper Kanye West won four trophies, including the prizes for the rap song ("All of the Lights") and the rap album of the year ("My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"). The US folk band Bon Iver was named the new musical discovery of the year. German applicants who were nominated in various classical categories were left empty-handed.
Several stars had appeared dressed in black because of the sudden death of Whitney Houston. Time and again, laudators and award winners expressed their respect for the pop diva on stage. "To Whitney, who is in heaven - we all love you," said soul legend Stevie Wonder. Singers Alicia Keys and Bonnie Rait ended their performance with the words, "Whitney, we will never forget you." The Grammy Awards also recalled the death of soul singer Amy Winehouse, who died last July at the age of 27 was. Winehouse was posthumously awarded jazz icon Tony Bennett for her duet "Body and Soul". Her father, Mitch, accepted the Grammy and, looking at the death of Whitney Houston, said, "There's a beautiful girl band in heaven now."AFP)
- Do you like shows about real crime?
- How many miles is the longest tunnel
- How do I get over her past
- Are taxable benefits deductible for an employer
- What is the value of 412
- How can I deal with moods
- What are examples of communication cycles
- How many people are there in the world
- What Exactly is Managed Web Hosting
- What percentage of Indians use Quora
- Might Naruto use the honored sage mode
- What is the maximum compression ratio of gzip
- Where can I buy vinyl in Duluth
- Indian sandalwood needs sunlight to grow
- How do brassinosteroids activate their receptors
- How do you deal with reality
- What are the best data recovery applications
- Who is considered to be Portugal's greatest leader
- How do filter bubbles affect society?
- What qualifies an employee for exemption
- How do I change my sisters' behavior
- Have the conditions at NIIT University improved
- How hardness is defined when identifying minerals
- How's the nightlife in Miami