How can you solder mild steel
Solder with lead and tin
Hard and soft soldering
There are two types of lead alloy soldering. In almost all cases of non-industrial soldering, soft work is done with maximum temperatures of 450 degrees Celsius. Brazing moves in the temperature range between 450 and 1100 degrees. While only soft soldering is used in electrical engineering, hard soldering is mostly used in the installation and connection of metal components.
There are four common lead alloys in circulation as soft solders, which are usually referred to as solder tins. They have different compositions and processing temperatures. The lowest possible soldering temperatures are required, especially for sensitive electronic lines and components.
|Share of lead in%||Share of tin in%||Share of copper in%||Share of silver in%||Temperature in ° C||Connection type|
|36||60||–||4||180||Fine electronics / circuit boards|
Keep soldering heat low
Soldering with lead alloys is a fine motor task, in which, above all, it must be avoided that the components, workpieces and substrates are exposed to excessive heat. In the electrotechnical area in particular, many components can be irreparably damaged and thus completely interrupt circuits. Even with installation connections that are to be soldered tightly, the heat generated must be distributed as far as possible. This is done by what is known as point tacking, in which a few individual soldering points are first used for pre-fixing.
With lead and tin alloys, all common metallic building materials can be connected to one another in a conductive and / or tight manner by means of soft soldering. The durability of the soldered connection is limited. If large mechanical forces act on soldered connections, brazing or welding must be avoided. The following metals can be soft soldered:
- Rolled lead
- Copper based alloys
- Mild steel
- How long is a year on Pluto
- There is skydiving near Paris, France
- Why does science compete with religion?
- Which social media are popular in Belgium
- What are the scientific challenges for evolution
- What got Apple in trouble in China
- Should I keep myself depressed on purpose?
- Why don't we love anyone anymore
- What is the meaning of skillful
- Should we let our kids have smartphones
- Who is Gen Urobuchi
- Is a zoology degree marketable
- What is the antiparticle of a neutron
- Are the sun and moon planets
- Which government jobs with face-to-face interviews
- How can I change my mind?
- Is it really important to share your feeling
- Most Ukrainian women are pretty
- Which books in sas are to be followed
- How do plant cells divide through mitosis
- What's the best use for Kubernetes
- The number 145 is a strong number
- Why does the NBA publish player salaries
- Why is Linux not easy to use
- How to Become an SEO Producer
- What does abbreviation mean
- Is grip water good for babies?
- How many bikes does a tractor bogie have
- How can you get BPD
- What is the greatest achievement by HUMENS
- What went wrong with Manchester United
- Can someone listen to your WhatsApp calls?