What are some insects that carry malaria
Protection against mosquitoes and other biting insects
The list of diseases transmitted by insects is long, and only a few can be protected against by vaccinations or preventive medication. Therefore, effective protection against insects is a very important health precaution when traveling.
In some cases, you can literally avoid insects. Ticks and mites and the diseases they transmit are very localized, and places with frequent diseases are often known to the local population.
Some diseases show significant seasonal fluctuations due to the lifestyle of the vector insects. When planning a trip, such seasonal rhythms should be taken into account whenever possible.
If you travel to an area where malaria prevention is important, special attention should be paid to dusk. Both the early morning hours and the wonderful evening hours are unfortunately the times of greatest activity for anopheles mosquitoes, the carriers of the dreaded disease.
Aedes mosquitoes tend to bite during the day. They are carriers of dengue fever.
You should not be outdoors during the mosquito's "main flight time".
Outside of the beach vacation, wear long pants, long sleeved shirts / blouses and a hat; Your skin will also thank you for the improved sun protection. You will also find that in the humid tropical climate you are less hot in skin-covering clothing made of natural fibers (linen, cotton) or special breathable synthetic fibers than with spaghetti straps and shorts.
You can achieve the maximum effect if you impregnate your clothing with repellants (insect repellants) (see below) and also apply special agents to the uncovered areas of skin (see below).
In areas where tick bites are possible, you should not wear sandals or flip-flops, but closed shoes (there are light air-permeable canvas shoes that can be worn at 40 °). Put your trouser legs in your shoes when hiking through the terrain. After walks, safaris and rounds of discovery, check yourself and your clothes for ticks. Remove any attached ticks immediately. This can prevent the transmission of diseases (also applies in Austria!).
For a safe night's sleep, your hotel room should have intact mosquito screens, air conditioning or mosquito nets. Since it is easy to get cold in hypothermic rooms, a tip: air-condition your room during the day - mosquitoes do not fly from the warm into the cooler room, and turn the air conditioning off at night or to a very low level. A non-air-conditioned room can be freed from uninvited guests who have gathered during the day with bug spray.
The lower ends of the mosquito net should be tucked under the mattress, this also prevents crawling insects from entering.
Based on the current state of knowledge, only repellants containing DEET (N, N-diethylmetatoluamide) can be recommended. In Austria these are No Bite®, Anti-Mückenmilch® and Exopic®. Only the Bayrepel® contained in Autan® and the ethyl butyl acetylaminopropionate in Flystop® are similarly effective.
The higher the concentration of DEET in the cream or lotion, the longer the protection period. However, more than 50% DEET does not provide any additional protection. Since the duration of protection is influenced by many factors (ambient temperature, sweating, contact with water, abrasion), you should repeat the application a little earlier than indicated on the packaging.
Unfortunately, there are no detailed studies on what concentrations of DEET are safe for children. Although no serious side effects are known, the minimum necessary concentration should be used in small children. Questions such as: how long and at what times are the children outdoors, are there mosquitoes in the area, are there mosquito-borne diseases?
The protective effect of mosquito repellants can be significantly increased if the clothing you wear is also impregnated with permethrin. Permethrin is mosquito repellent and insecticidal and also works against ticks and other insects. Impregnated clothing, mosquito nets and camping equipment retain their effect even after being washed several times (re-impregnate approx. After washing 5 times).
Tips for using insect repellants safely:
- Apply the repellant to all of them uncovered On areas of skin, do not use it on areas covered by clothing. Apply thinly, a thick layer does not protect any better.
- Do NOT apply the repellent to wounds or severely irritated areas of skin (e.g. eczema)
- When you come back to the hotel, to mosquito-proof rooms, or before you go to sleep, wash off the skin on the skin with soap and water.
- When using sprays, do not spray the aerosol directly on your face, spray it on your hands and rub it on your face.
- Don't let young children apply it themselves, rub your child. Repellants should not get on children's hands, as they end up in the mouth sooner or later.
- Infants and toddlers can easily be protected by mosquito nets over the carrying baskets or bags.
... there are many
good reasons for an effective insect repellent
Ordinary bed bugs do not transmit diseases - but the bites are extremely itchy and often for weeks.
- What does genetic engineering refer to?
- What is Synthetic CPH4
- What's your rating of Patio Furniture
- What is the history of arcade games
- Wants Alaska freedom from the US
- You know who i am 9
- Could Einstein be a time traveler?
- How does Poland treat Indian tourists?
- Is there a non-Islamic terrorist group
- What do gas stations sell
- When and why were biological weapons banned?
- Family counseling is a good career
- What happens after looking for a job
- Can we learn dog language
- Where can I go clubbing in Pattaya
- Can check that the engine light has burned out
- Is air a good conductor of heat?
- How can I live with cat allergies
- What is to be understood by learned behavior
- Who are the engineers of an engineer
- What is the definition of gravitational force
- Dogs know that cars can be dangerous
- Who is Senior CEO or GM
- What is the best alternative to ActiveCampaign
- What is the structure of sodium hypobromide
- Can a biology student choose NAVY?
- What are the 5 most important priorities
- Instagram is # 1 on social media these days
- What is the meaning of JVM
- How many Trump tweets are ghostwritten
- Why are baby alives so cute
- What is the ratification process
- What is the GSA Search Engine Ranker
- What do Turkish nationalists think of Kurds?