Well worth buying the Nissan Leaf
Nissan Leaf - Buy or rent a battery?
The Nissan Leaf, like the Renault Zoe, offers an option to rent the battery. However, the Zoe's battery can only be rented, not bought. Whether it is worth renting or buying the battery depends on a number of factors.
Essentially, you have to be clear about how long you want to keep the car and what mileage you can expect per year. Nissan staggered the rental costs for the battery. So it's the same model as the Zoe. A longer rental period and fewer kilometers driven each year have a positive effect on the monthly rent. In contrast to Renault, Nissan also offers the option of buying the battery, which costs 5,900 euros.
It should be noted that the Leaf with 15 kW per 100 km requires 0.4 kW more than the Zoe and 3.3 kW more than the VW e-Up. In the overall view, however, this only plays a subordinate role. Even if you assume an additional consumption of 4 kW per 100 km, with electricity costs of 0.20 euros per kW you only come to 160 euros additional costs with an annual mileage of 20,000 km.
The main cost drivers are therefore the battery rent, which ranges between 79 and 142 euros per month, or the purchase price for the battery. The costs are staggered according to the annual mileage and rental period:
|12 months||24 Months||36 months|
|12,500 km||79 euros||79 euros||79 euros|
|15,000 km||106 euros||96 euros||86 euros|
|17,500 km||114 euros||104 euros||94 euros|
|20,000 km||122 euros||112 euros||102 euros|
|25,000 km||142 euros||132 euros||122 euros|
A comparison of costs shows that renting the battery can be quite interesting. In our calculations, we assume that the customer usually opts for a three-year contract. In the most expensive case, this means (if you drive 25,000 km or more per year) that the purchase of the battery is only worthwhile after 4 years. If you have covered 12,500 km or less, the purchase is worthwhile after a good 6 years.
If the expected mileage is less than 12,500 kilometers, you should definitely consider renting the battery. If you want to sell the Leaf again after 4 years, you should definitely refrain from buying the battery.
- What is Heaney's business as a poet?
- What is your superpower or your spirit animal
- Hows Bibek Debroy's version of Mahabharata
- Which president was the best athlete
- How can I buy PUBG on Steam
- What is important on Valentine's Day
- Which voice actor has worked the longest
- Is the Scrum Master responsible for the delivery
- How two devices communicate in space
- What is outside of heaven
- Why is electrolysis important
- Where do rivers get their water from?
- What does RLWL 8
- How does a hypothesis become a theory?
- You are a proud mother
- What is a Pinterest pin code
- What are metal matrix composites
- What is the antiparticle of a neutron
- What is G minor 9 apartments
- Believe libertarians in adoption laws
- How can we learn practically
- How do patents restrict competitors?
- Who works for the CIA
- A perfect life is achievable