Is it possible to multitask while meditating?
10 surprising facts about learning that are going to irritate you
“Learning” is understood to mean the ability to acquire new knowledge or skills.
Classic facts about how learning about regular repetition works are sufficient
known. But there are a few other aspects that significantly influence learning. Which that
are, you can find out here.
Table of Contents:
- Intelligence is not the key to success
- Stress damages the brain
- Multitasking overwhelms the brain
- Forgetting what has already been learned is impossible
- Sleeping helps you learn better
- Surfing the net is better than reading
- The size of the brain does not affect learning
- Seeing increases learning success
- Meditation gets the brain going
- Sport is more important than long-term research
Reading time: 3 minutes / 644 words
1. Intelligence is not the key to success
How well or badly someone learns does not depend on how high their IQ is.
Learning strategies and self-discipline are much more important to professional success or good grades
to get. Who can trick his brain, is able to use his resources and capacities to the full
to use. If the learning strategy is not right, the high IQ will not help either.
2. Stress damages the brain
Tests in rats have shown that stress caused their brains to shrink and that
Memory has decreased. Researchers have long suspected that human
Brain caused a similar change due to very large and long-lasting psychological stress
can overtake. It cannot be dismissed out of hand that psychological stress is of great disadvantage for
3. Multitasking overwhelms the brain
The ability to multitask is required again and again. It is definitely possible, if
You have a great routine in something while doing another task in parallel. There in one
Learning process however, new things are learned and you have to do the full for good learning success
If you need the capacity of your resources, this learning success cannot be achieved with a division of tasks
4. It is impossible to forget what has already been learned
If you are afraid of forgetting something you learned a long time ago, you can do it with confidence
lay down. Once synapses are linked, they are not used for a very long time
have never been separated. They do, however, require some "break-in period" when you do something
Want to bring what has been forgotten back from the depths of your brain.
5. Sleep helps you learn better
Just doing nothing can really drive the learning process forward. What sounds paradoxical at first is
however proven. During sleep, information is transferred from the short-term memory to the
Long-term memory is transported, so new capacities are released to after waking up
To be able to learn new things.
6. Surfing the net is better than reading
It is often propagated that the excessive use of the Internet makes us more and more stupid
leaves. Researchers have recently found out that targeted searches can be done using a search engine
calls for certain areas in the brain that are not even addressed by reading. Research in
Internet can thus help to learn better.
7. The size of the brain has no influence on learning
A French doctor discovered that a patient was only one-tenth
of the brain mass of a normal person. Even so, this man leads a perfectly normal one
Life. Researchers have long believed that when certain parts of the brain fail, others
Areas are able to take over and learn their functions.
8. Seeing increases learning success
If you want to learn something, memory retention is greatly affected if that
What has been learned is linked to images. The brain only sees words as individual images of what
explains why reading is often less effective than looking at pictures with the same content.
9. Meditation gets the brain going
Not only can you learn to relax through meditation, but you can become yours at the same time
Memory and your ability to learn increased. Whoever meditates is better able to
hide disruptive external influences and focus
to be able to focus on something.
10. Sport is more important than long-term research
Exercise helps the brain to sort itself out, because during exercise it becomes a protein
called BDNF distributed. This ensures that unimportant things are reset in the brain
and space is created for new thoughts.
- What's your favorite offensive joke
- How can I work around this Firefox problem
- What is Cython
- How was science practiced in ancient Babylon
- What makes Shenzhen different from other cities
- Who owns the JBoss application server
- How can I ever forgive my sister
- Do you like MSP
- You should make yourself easier
- How to use Java
- What is the disappearance of the Sodder children
- How many exams in SSC chsl
- What is a Windows app
- What killed all of Daenerys' ancestors
- What is the nature of language change
- Is the math self-consistent
- Can a cop PIT maneuver a motorcycle
- Know Nakshatra in astrology
- How do I get into indoor rowing
- Do spiders want to kill you
- How can we achieve ecstasy through meditation?
- How do I get a free Artificial Intelligence course
- Why is Goeteborg also called Goeteborg
- How does distance learning participation work?
- How do I build a rc helicopter
- Why is laboratory safety important
- What are the best restaurants in Samoa
- What is the most durable kayak
- Does the Samsung Galaxy A70 support screen mirroring?
- The World Bank is a non-profit organization
- What has built up your body image
- Vitamin D preparations reduce the risk of inflammation
- How big is an Appaloosa horse
- How can we increase diversity without discrimination