How can I live with cat allergies
What can you do to treat a cat allergy? The top rule in the therapy of allergies is: Avoid the allergen. Even if it is difficult, it usually means that the cat has to be given away. In the case of less sensitive allergy sufferers, it can sometimes be sufficient if the cat is no longer allowed into the house. Nevertheless, this step is heartbreaking for many animal lovers and they are looking for other ways to treat or even cure their cat allergy.
Treatment: what medications are there to relieve a cat allergy?
There are antiallergic drugs that too Antihistamines to be named. you help with acute complaintswhen it is impossible to avoid a cat. For example, if you know that you are visiting friends with pets, you should think about their antiallergic tablets, sprays or drops. The active ingredients in the agents, for example cetirizine or loratadine, ensure that the allergic reaction cannot take place in the body.
But: Even if you can usually buy antihistamines in pharmacies without a prescription, that does not mean that they are harmless. They can make you tired and slow reaction times - a danger in traffic. Other possible side effects are, for example, headache, dizziness, gastrointestinal complaints or a dry mouth.
Treatment: What home remedies and tips can help relieve a cat allergy?
There are no home remedies that are commonly known to treat cat allergies. The important step in getting relief is that Allergen to avoid. This is usually only possible by using the Put your cat in caring hands and she no longer lives in the house or apartment of the allergy sufferer.
After saying goodbye, it should Home cleaned thoroughly become. Especially upholstered furniture and carpets, to which cat hair clings particularly well, should be cleaned well. In addition, you should vacuum thoroughly and ventilate for a long time. A special room air filter can filter free-flying cat allergens out of the air.
If there is no way to give the cat away or if you have to work with cats for work, you should be special for living together regulate be valid:
- Clean the rooms where the cat is frequently and thoroughly
- The bedroom of allergy sufferers is taboo for cats
- Do not undress in the bedroom or you will bring animal hair into it
- Have someone without allergies regularly brush, shower or wipe the animal with a damp cloth. This is best done in the fresh air.
These tips can help make it easier for allergy sufferers and pets to coexist. However, they are not a solution to the cause. This would be: no contact with the cat. Anyone who still wants or has to live with their pet risks illness. In the long term, an untreated cat allergy can lead to asthma, for example.
Treatment: can desensitization help with cat allergy?
A Desensitization, also desensitization called, can help with various allergies. The basic principle of treatment: the allergy sufferer is given regular doses of the allergen. So the body should get used to it and show only minor reactions.
Doctors also call this therapy specific immunotherapy. It alleviates the symptoms in nine out of ten patients. However, it is rarely done in cat allergies as treatment with animal allergens has many side effects. The German Allergy and Asthma Association also emphasizes that desensitization is advisable if you cannot or only with difficulty avoid the allergen to which you are allergic. This is the case, for example, with pollen in the air. If you have a cat allergy, you can usually avoid the allergen by avoiding contact with cats. Thus is immunotherapy no substitute for giving away the cat. This step has priority in treatment.
Treatment: what does homeopathy do for cat allergies?
Many allergy sufferers seek their salvation in alternative treatment methods instead of conventional medicine. There are many reasons for this: They estimate, for example, that the therapist takes a lot of time for patent discussions and encouragement. Many also hope that treatment will have fewer side effects.
Homeopathy is one of the most popular alternative procedures. And observational studies show that homeopathy can alleviate the symptoms of allergy sufferers and improve their quality of life. These are studies in which the participants are only observed. The researchers do not intervene and so do not control all study conditions. If a change is found, it remains questionable whether the therapy responds or other uncontrolled influences. Critics emphasize that such studies cannot rule out the placebo effect. So it has not been clearly proven whether homeopathic remedies and treatments are effective or whether continuous care by the therapist has positive effects.
If cat allergy sufferers want to use alternative medicine, perhaps in addition to conventional medicine, they should use some pay attention to the rules:
- Do not discontinue ongoing therapy without consulting your doctor and do not discontinue medication on your own initiative.
- Find out more about the alternative treatment method from several independent bodies, such as consumer advice centers.
- Weigh the benefits, costs, and risks of the method carefully: Not all alternative treatments are harmless or without side effects.
- Remain critical, especially when a cure is promised and / or the therapy costs a lot of money.
- Pay attention to where the medicine comes from: imported herbal medicines are partly contaminated with heavy metals.
- What is the LCM of 10 15
- What are the uses of magnesium fluoride
- How do people create open problems
- Can one universal flu vaccine save everyone
- How am I supposed to behave like a gentleman
- Who hates PUBG
- Is deleting your browser history a criminal offense?
- People answer emails these days
- What are some examples of reactivity
- What are your reviews of Dabangg 3
- The brain named itself
- Can C libraries be used in Unity
- What does the Czech Republic do better than Slovakia?
- Japan accepts 50,000 immigrants annually
- Cooperation is better than individual work
- Where do lemon trees usually grow
- Going 2 miles a day is enough
- What are manipulators in object-oriented programming
- Why has arena football lost its popularity?
- Why do the Japanese wear kimonos?
- The USS Enterprise was scrapped
- Who will be selected for MBBS via NEET
- Where can I get a mining rig
- Find the Soviet flag offensive