What is a surgical suture
Surgical sewing: single button seams made easy
The second part of the tutorial series is about surgical instruments: Dr. Philipp Wimmer shows the single button seam - from removing the thread to execution.
While the previous issue was still tied to the nail board, today we are already dealing with the real instruments: To practice the single button suture, you need surgical tweezers, a needle holder and scissors. A thicker monofilament thread of size 2-0 is best to start with, as it is easy to see.
When removing the needle-thread combination from the packaging, it is best to hold the needle by the back third of the needle, but never right at the transition between the needle and the thread. The thread could become detached from the holder of the needle and would therefore be unusable. The
The best way to grip the cutlery to hold the needle is to grasp the openings with your thumb and ring finger and point your index finger at the hinge.
You can now begin: start the suture on the side of the wound facing you. Place the needle on the skin at a 90-degree angle and stick it in. Now use the curvature of the needle under the turning movement. The needle now comes out in the edge of the wound, not on the other side of the wound. The thread can now be pulled through a little. Now it is important to cut out again on the opposite side, ideally at exactly the same height. The stitch on the other side of the wound edge should always be an imitation of the other person as exactly as possible. The stitch is closed with a surgical knot.
06/28/2018 | Surgery | Video contribution | Online article
Backstitch: Two are better than one
Sutures are an important part of surgery. The advantage over the single button suture is a good adaptation of the wound edges as well as a higher stability of the wound suture. The methods presented each have their advantages and disadvantages.
- How does Obama call Putin
- What is the best treatment for lupus nephritis
- Why is Roman art important today
- How is English muffin bread made
- What are the acts of repentance
- What is an Actual Resource
- Blackberry Messenger is still in use
- What is the smartest nonhuman animal
- Why don't people dig up asteroids
- Is it safe to travel to Chennai?
- When is desalination coming to California?
- What are the fastest growing music startups
- What are luggage carriers
- What exactly is brain mapping
- Why do you hate your engineering school
- Which number is between 3000 and 4000
- In which soil do succulents grow best
- Why was Julius Caesar idolized?
- What does Eddie Vedder mean to you
- What do you know about fog
- Are my dating skills effective?
- How are the sizes of the beer labels determined
- How is Avogadro's constant applied to electrons
- A violent revolution is inevitable