How much does a bloodhound puppy cost
The power of the mastiff and the slightly melancholy snout of a basset - voila, we have a representative of the bloodhound. Then there is the understanding, benevolence and affection of the owner. Such a handsome man involuntarily attracts the eyes of passers-by, but in his rules not noticing excessive curiosity. What is known about this beautiful one?
The origin of the bloodhound
Originally from Belgium, this breed has a rich history as its ancestors took part in the hunt for medieval royal persons of European states. Although the Bloodhounds have Belgian roots, the breed evolved in England. Here the local aristocracy took an interest in breeding the oldest dogs.
So far, the name of the breed has addressed disputes in the scientific community because the bloodhound translates as "dog of blood". According to one version, it is related to the ability of dogs to track wounded prey by the smell of blood. According to another, it is believed that it is a purebred breed of representatives of this breed.
Before the infiltration of the Bloodhounds in other European countries, this breed was bred by monks in one of the Belgian monasteries. The first mention of the fact that the dog entered the English country comes from the 10th century. And it happened with a light hand from Wilhelm the Conqueror.
The bloodhound's excellent hunting skills were instantly assessed, and their sense of smell was also useful for search operations. This is their property that was first used by the Americans. Dogs could easily find a man in rough forests, and their perseverance allowed them to work around the clock.
Bloodhounds were also used to bill the criminals, inspecting the crime scene with its nose, the dog could unmistakably tell who the smell belonged to.
This work revealed the characteristics of representatives of the breed - the complete absence of aggression. All subsequent attempts to develop anger in dogs and train them to attack a person have been unsuccessful.
On the territory of the Russian state, the Bloodhounds fell in the 16th century. But after the death of Peter the Great, interest in the breed began to wane, and its representatives soon completely disappeared from the country.
The second wave of popularity in Russia overtook the breed only at the end of the 20th century. There is no special fashion for the Bloodhounds today, but there are still special kennels and simple lovers who breed these unusual dogs.
It will be interesting:Why does the bloodhound drool?
Description of breed dogs Bloodhound
Breeding animals - very powerful and colorful, with a certain appearance:
- You are most impressive head - big, great, beautiful. The profile shows that it has the shape of a square. In the area of the forehead and cheeks, the skin forms characteristic folds that hang visibly when the head is tilted. This characteristic is more pronounced in men.
- The nose the bloodhound is large, with black or brown lobes and wide nostrils. The lips are of different lengths and soft, with the top closing the bottom. The corners of the lips form massive flight corners that are more strongly developed in men. The surface of the lips has pigmentation in the tone of the nose.
- Bite you in the "scissors" way, but the standard is legal and straight. The strong jaw is equipped with strong, white teeth.
- The eye color can be dark brown, hazel, and amber in representatives of the breed who do not have black Cheprak.
- the eyes are medium in size, do not bulge or sink, do not water. Redness is possible due to the sagging of the lower eyelid in the corner of the eye. The look at the Bloodhounds is nice, a little bored.
- Dog ears are thin, feel very comfortable, are reminiscent of velvet and have a low fit.
- The neck like most hunting dogs, is long and muscular so they can hunt prey and constantly sniff the ground.
- The back of the Bloodhound, straight, strong with a strong loin. The sternum is wide and forms the keel between the front legs. The tail is fleshy, in the shape of a saber.
- The limbs of dogs, those in front, those behind, strong, muscular, with right elbows.
- The skin is soft, has good elasticity. It is undesirable for folds to form in the area of the snout that accumulate on the animal's body.
The fur of the bloodhound is dense, hard, and is an excellent protection against bad weather. In the area of the head and ears, the hair is shorter and softer, while the lower line of the tail is longer and coarser.
There are three Colors of Bloodhounds:
- black-red - in this case, the black wool can be a raincoat or a cap neck;
- red - the hue can vary from light to dark, but the reverse color change - too light is not desirable.
The position of the color zones is out of focus, light spots are allowed in the black areas. Small white areas are allowed, but not desired.
The ideal Growth of Bloodhound stala is around 68 cm in women - within 62 cm. The male Weight varies between 46 and 54 kg, the female between 40 and 48 kg. In addition, the maximum weight must correspond to the maximum height.
These dogs have aristocratic manners and limitless love for their family. You treat children gently and reverently and allow them all freedom in their speech. This often means that the dog has to be protected from the child, but never the other way around. Children should be raised here so as not to harm the pet and should take food and toys with them.
Often among the representatives of the breed, individuals are shy and timid. However, this does not prevent them from showing stubbornness. This characteristic requires a special approach during training - with simultaneous tenderness and hardness.
Bloodhounds can coexist with other pets, conflict is rare, and they can be directed against dogs of the same sex. But in general, dogs are very hospitable and peace-loving. Not every bloodhound can completely protect the territory from unwanted guests.
When fleeing, it is better to keep the pet on a leash, as if it is interested in a smell, it can follow it and get lost. Experts believe that dogs of this breed have a unique sense of smell that allows them to move through the smell that was left behind 3-4 days ago and overcome it all the way. This enables them to use the search service.
Like all hunters, Bloodhounds will eat anything, so you should educate them and watch what their pet devours. The puppy age in these dogs is up to 2 years.
Good to know:
How to care for a purebred pet
- In the care of the dog breed Bladhound unpretentious. It is enough to process short wool with a special brush several times a week. Frequent bathing is also not required unless the pet is not very dirty. After bathing, a pet should not be dried with a hair dryer, it is better to wipe it with a large towel with a hard surface. This procedure is enough for the dog's coat to shine and look well-groomed.
- The beautiful ears of the bloodhound perfectly collect dust and dirt, so they need to be cleaned with napkins or cotton swabs several times a month.
- The weak point of the bloodhound is the eyes, in which the skin of the eyelids sags, a spot of dust easily penetrates the gap formed and can cause inflammation of the conjunctiva. It is therefore important to check them regularly and wash them if necessary. In this situation, you can brew tea and seek help from a veterinarian.
- There is no natural abrading of the claws in dogs living in residential conditions, so they have to be cut off with a special nail cutter.
- The bloodhound's stamina and activity require daily physical exertion. If the dog is not stimulated, he will be busy with his favorite work for more than an hour - spying out tracks on the floor. Hence, it is important to play, run, and use inventory with a pet. Active walking should last at least 1.5 hours.
- Attention should be paid to the dog's physiological characteristics. For example, the skin under the wrinkles can stretch and they should be moved apart and examined regularly.
- In addition, representatives of the breed are prone to twisting and warping of the eyelids, and it is here that special attention should be paid. If there is the slightest suspicion of illness, it is necessary to contact the veterinary clinic, since these diseases do not go away by themselves, but only progress.
- Blood dogs often suffer from musculoskeletal disorders, which are mainly associated with malnutrition. It is necessary to provide a pet with a balanced diet, it is especially important in the period of rapid development and growth of the dog.
Since breeders know the tendency of dogs to develop bone and joint diseases (e.g. osteoarthritis), they recommend that new bloodhound owners pay the greatest possible attention to this aspect.
It is not recommended to drastically change the diet, as the animal can suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, it is worth clarifying with the seller what the puppy has been eating lately.
The daily diet is calculated based on the dog's weight. She should be her fifth. The presence of vitamin-mineral complexes in puppy feeding is mandatory, but only on the recommendation of a veterinarian.
Blood dogs in the diet need fiber, carbohydrates and protein components. Dogs can be given dairy products, cereal, bread, and vegetables. Of vegetables, only potatoes are not recommended.
Meat is the basis of every dog's daily diet, including the bloodhound. Of the total number of foods and offal should be 2/3. Sometimes lean fish can be given to a pet, boiled and boned. It is also recommended to cook chicken and turkey meat before serving as it can affect digestion.
It is not recommended to completely transfer dogs of this breed to ready-made feed. They can be given as an additional source of microelements in the form of feeding or a reward. The main food should remain natural products.
Photos of blood dogs
Bloodhound puppy photo
Video about Bloodhound
What does a bloodhound puppy cost?
Despite not being in great demand, this breed is very, very expensive. A puppy with a pedigree from a private seller costs an average of 45,000 rubles. In kindergarten the prices are a little higher:
- A friend in the family costs about 60,000 rubles.
- Pet for offspring, but without a show career - about 70,000.
- And the price of a puppy from parent-champions with excellent characteristics and exhibition future will be 80,000 rubles.
Before buying a purebred puppy, understand that this breed is only for active people who have a solid hand and experience in keeping dogs.
Headings: Dog breeds |
- A drive or google drive
- What makes a poem political
- What is the significance of Wannier functions
- What's the deal with Raiblocks XRB
- What kind of berries grow in California
- What is Mirai Malware
- What is a vacation planner
- What Are Some Legitimate Essay Writing Services
- Why was Three Mile Island important
- What was the most successful song by The Fixxs
- Salted mango has vitamin C.
- Are YouTube videos protected by copyright
- Is Tennessee a high crime state?
- How will the GST affect the stock market
- Program the new literacy
- What is your favorite hacking tool
- FDR is the BIGGEST POTUS
- Will cell phones ever be cheap again?
- What is the famous place in Lucknow
- Can I have information about Freemasons
- What has the International Space Station achieved
- What is Indian crypto currency
- How helpful is meditation done right
- The name of the country begins with MO