What Really Works for Plantar Fasciitis
Pain under the foot (plantar fasciitis)
Butterworth PA, Landorf KB, Smith SE, Menz HB. The association between body mass index and musculoskeletal foot disorders: a systematic review. Obes Rev 2012; 13 (7): 630-642.
David JA, Sankarapandian V, Christopher PR, Chatterjee A, Macaden AS. Injected corticosteroids for treating plantar heel pain in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017; (6): CD009348.
Gutteck N, Schilde S, Delank KS. Plantar foot pain. Dtsch Arztebl Int 2019; 116: 83-88.
Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG). Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for heel pain: final report; Order N15-06. 2017. (IQWiG reports; Volume 499).
Klein C. Orthopedics for Patients: Understanding Medicine. Spine, cervical spine, thoracic spine, rib cage, lumbar spine, shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee, foot. Remagen: Michels-Klein; 2014.
Petraglia F, Ramazzina I, Costantino C. Plantar fasciitis in athletes: diagnostic and treatment strategies. A systematic review. Muscles Ligaments Tendons J 2017; 7 (1): 107-118.
Salvioli S, Guidi M, Marcotulli G. The effectiveness of conservative, non-pharmacological treatment, of plantar heel pain: A systematic review with meta-analysis. Foot (Edinb) 2017; 33: 57-67.
Wang YC, Chen SJ, Huang PJ, Huang HT, Cheng YM, Shih CL. Efficacy of Different Energy Levels Used in Focused and Radial Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy in the Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trials. J Clin Med 2019; 8 (9): 1497.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the conversation with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside of IQWiG. We describe in detail in our methods how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- What is Extreme Networks
- In which direction should rows of vegetable gardens run
- Is Arjuna a hero or a villain?
- Who makes more profit Apple or Microsoft
- Isn't it cool to be competitive?
- How is food transported
- Why is urinating called peeing
- What is the cheapest 2 letter domain
- What are stock trading strategies
- What is stable equilibrium
- Which tattoos are exaggerated
- What are the best foods for plants
- How is the media regulated in India
- Googlers generally use Macs
- Who followed completely God
- A personality can affect a person's character
- Where we can rent a car online
- Social security benefits rich people
- What does the Valencian flag mean
- What is encapsulation in software development
- How can you solder mild steel
- How did Doni get a London visa?
- Do you think cats like to go for a walk?
- What is Telegram Beta