What are the disadvantages of steam trains
The Achertalbahn - ride in the historic steam train
© Hippchen, Schindler - Historic steam ride on the Achertalbahn
The 10.4 kilometers long branch line to Ottenhöfen, which branches off the Rhine Valley Railway in Achern, was opened in 1898 by the Vering @ Waechter railway company. Today it is operated by SWEG (Südwestdeutsche Verkehrs- Aktiengesellschaft) with modern regional shuttles. Usually. But sometimes the journey goes back in time and with one historic steam locomotive.
The first museum steam trips in the Achertal were carried out by the German Society for Railway History e.V. (DGEG) in 1968 and this tradition lives on to this day.
So even in times of supersonic speeds, travel enthusiasts can take a leisurely Tucker ride in a historic train. The Achertal Railway Association makes this possible together with the SWEG and organizes several times a year historical steam train rides through the beautiful Achertal.
In the 2011 season, too, families can travel back in time at full steam on certain dates. Parents and children drive in historical passenger coachpulled by a steam locomotive built in Berlin in 1900.
In Achern the families get in, and the route continues via Oberachern to the wine-growing community Kappelrodeck. The route leads through a beautiful landscape with many orchards. From Furschenbach the steam train chugs along the rushing Acher. Then it becomes quite exhausting for the old steam horse. You pass historical mills for which the region is known. The end of the line for parents and children is then in Ottenhöfen.
The trip takes half an hour and can be booked as a one-way trip or a return trip. There are also opportunities to get off in Achern Stadt, in Oberachern, Kappelrodeck, Furschenbach, the intermediate stops on the historic journey.
The exact timetable and dates can also be downloaded directly from the Achertalbahn website.
- Are pipelines midstream
- How do you greet people in Kerala
- Fading piercing scars
- What was your damn moment
- Why are heterogeneous cultures better than homogeneous
- Charges a service tax on a credit card
- What are some great books on globalization
- What killed all of Daenerys' ancestors
- What are your favorite Dashiell Hammett stories?
- Is the NHL a racist league
- Should I go to Rome in 2019
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about Satanism
- What if Goten were never born?
- How were Hispanics treated during World War II
- What is a transaction control system
- Beats AMD Nvidia in the GPU game
- Why can't you eat meat during Lent?
- What are some more proprietary scripting languages
- Does MapQuest work in Mexico
- Can you decipher the ECSB
- How can I make 500 a month
- How do I develop love for work
- Mass is really perfectly converted into energy
- Why do criminals fear Trump in Florida