Where was skateboarding started?
Error in template * unknown parameter name (template: Infobox company): 'Total assets; Products; CEO '
Skate Deluxe is a German company with headquarters in Schimberg. The range includes skateboards, longboards, snowboards, streetwear, shoes and accessories. The company, founded in 2004, is one of the leading online skateboard shops in Europe after more than 10 years, alongside Blue Tomato and Titus GmbH. In 2014 skatedeluxe recorded more than 10 million website visitors per month and had 250 brands with more than 10,000 articles.
History of the company
Christoph Hartleib, founder of the company, started skatedeluxe by selling shoes in his Ebay shop in order to improve his student salary. In 2004 he opened the online shop at www.skatedeluxe.de. In the beginning, all processes could still be contested in the student flat share in Jena, The company's growth made it necessary to move to Schimberg in 2005, where from then on the family home served as the company's headquarters and the garage as a warehouse. In the same year, Katrin Hartleib, Christoph Hartleib's mother, got involved in day-to-day business life as a partner. Both still run the company to this day. At the end of 2010, six years after it was founded, skatedeluxe already had 75 employees. In the same year, the 2000 m² warehouse in Eschwege was built finished. This also includes the finance department. In times of higher order volume, not only the own employees of skatedeluxe work here, but also helpers with mental disabilities who are mediated through the cooperation of skatedeluxe with the non-profit workshops Eschwege (GWN).
In 2011 the company received the BVH Young Business Award. The jury was won over by the “mixture of passion, creativity and continuous economic and personal growth”.
Other corporate activities
Skatedeluxe supports skateboarders, snowboarders and longboarders. In August 2014 the following riders belong to the skatedeluxe team:
- Skateboard team rider
- Denny Pham
- Christoph "Willow" Wildgrube
- Ben Dillinger
- Danny Sommerfeld
- Florian Hachenberger
- Thomas Graf
- Christoph Radtke
- Valentin Cafuk
- Longboard team rider
- Sebatian Hertler
- Julian Fuchs
- Snowboard team rider
- Alex Tank
- Benny Urban
- Florian Achenrainer
- Lukas Lengle
- Tobias Hartmuth
- Raffael Kossmann
- Andreas Griesser
Probably the best known driver of the team is known to the skate scene under the name "Willow", Christoph Wildgrube. The man from Cologne is considered to be one of the best German street skaters and is one of the few German skaters who made the leap to the USA. Willow also represents well-known companies such as etnies and was able to secure recognition from skate legend Rodney Mullen in 2009, who saw him as a talent and whose company Almost Willow can also count among his sponsors.
Both regional and national events and contests are supported by skatedeluxe. In addition, there are regular tours of the skate team. Like the Sk8dlx China Tour from 2013, in which the skate team visited different spots across China, as well as the “Shred the City” tour from 2011, which led through cities in Germany and Austria.
Blog & Wiki
In addition to the online shop, the website also includes a blog and a wiki. The wiki provides useful information for beginners and advanced skate, long and snowboarders. From the first steps through assembly to more complex tricks, all facets of the respective sport are covered. (see web links)
- ↑At eye level with the customer Leipzig, Ute Bachmann, December 20, 2012, p.15; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑ 2,02,1View of things: online store vs skate shop Cologne, Niklas Isenberg, February 2014; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑Eschweg-based company Skatedeluxe makes millions in sales Witzenhausen, December 28, 2011; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑Skatedeluxe - new customer e-commerce / direct logistics, St. Gallen, June 17, 2013; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑Internet retailer relies on 70 years of warehouse technology experience Neunkirchen, 2010; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑“The flexibility is unsurpassed” - close-by outdoor workplaces for GWE at their new neighbor, skatedeluxe Eschwege, January 2012, p.4; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑skatedeluxe is the winner of the "bvh-Young Business Award 2011" Berlin, Franziska Solbrig, October 6, 2011
- ↑Skatedeluxe teams Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑Creating the sublime with a skateboard under his feet Los Angeles, Cole Louison, December 11, 2012; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑SK8DLX China Tour with Willow, Denny Pham, Danny Sommerfeld, Ben Dillinger and Christoph RadtkeLast accessed August 15, 2014
- ↑Skatedeluxe - Shred The City Tour 2011 Recap Regenstauf, Alex Vetter, 2011; Last accessed August 15, 2014
- 38 year return is good
- Where can you buy sodium hydroxide locally
- What is the exact targeting tool about
- What is 40K cavitation
- What is the value 129
- Does Donald Trump trade stock options
- What are some statistics about Germany
- What is an on-demand order
- What is the Russian word for answer?
- Why does the training wake me up
- How did Rutherford discover the proton
- What is the future of manufacturing analysis
- How do you feel about startups?
- What money is used in Spain
- Is used Java d and s
- What are some of the criticisms of Australia
- Who Owns the Dallas Cowboys Stadium
- What are the most useful Podio integrations
- How safe is it to take Nolvadex
- How deaf people enjoy music
- What does a quarter past 5
- What were the economic activities of the central colonies
- How was McDonalds 10 years ago
- When did the absolute monarchy begin?