What acid does lemon 1 contain?
Why lemons have an alkaline effect in the body
Anyone with an acid-sensitive stomach knows from their own experience: Lemons are sour, and so is coffee. Nevertheless, according to the acid-base table, both foods are basic. What seems paradoxical has a simple explanation.
Lemons taste sour, as do oranges, apples and white wine. An acid-sensitive stomach reacts accordingly to these foods. Nevertheless, according to an "acid-base" table, these foods are basic. What seems paradoxical has a simple explanation. The acid acts in the mouth and stomach, and in the rest of the organism what remains after digestion.
Many fruits contain organic acids that are metabolized in the respiratory chain. Energy is obtained from them, while CO2 is created and exhaled. The basic minerals in fruit get into the blood, e.g. B. Potassium and Magnesium. Vegetables are also rich in basic minerals. Protein-rich foods such as meat, fish, milk and grain products, on the other hand, contain many acidic amino acids, from which sulfate is formed in the metabolism. Together with phosphorus and chloride, this ultimately has an acidic effect in the body.
If the acidic minerals are in the majority, the body's own buffer system in the blood becomes active. It prevents the optimal pH from deviating from 7.4. The resulting acids bind to sodium from the sodium bicarbonate buffer system. The acid residues neutralized in this way are excreted in the urine via the kidneys.
The Pral value of a food in the acid-base tables shows the acidity of the kidneys through minerals and protein. It is calculated using the average proportion of these substances and relates to 100 grams of the food. The Pral value does not say anything about the pH value of the undigested food. Therefore, the acid-base table is the wrong source of information for heartburn.
According to one hypothesis, the body becomes over-acidic through an acid-heavy diet, i.e. with many foods that produce acid, which is said to be harmful to health in the long term. However, this connection has not been scientifically proven.
This «acid-base» table shows the Pral value
|red wine||- 2.4|
|Whole grain bread||1.8|
- What's next for Marco Rubio
- Is death monotonous
- What if god is time
- How do you create an abusive relationship
- How did Google actually implement OKR
- Why haven't patent descriptions been modernized?
- Is Reliance Jio available in Leh Ladakh
- What is prom decoder
- What is the procedure for Teradata certification
- Which properties do I allow myself to be defined
- Why is medicine a good course
- What does an army recruiter mean
- What kind of people become scientists
- A large population is sustainable
- What is a grand jury charge
- Are the medical bills inflated?
- How hectic is a doctor's life
- David Bowie was a musical genius
- What's the best use for Kubernetes
- Why do I get stressed easily
- How do you conquer projective identification
- When did watches start using batteries?
- What does a digital marketing consultant do
- What is the disappearance of the Sodder children
- Which Alexa has the best speaker
- How did the name soap opera come about?
- When do you use inheritance in TypeScript
- How do I get over my BF
- How much sun does rosemary need
- How do I build a rc helicopter
- What do most people misunderstand about fear
- How fast is mercury
- How do I become an art broker
- Why should fundamental rights be enforced