What is polyvinyl acetate
Polyvinyl acetate, Abbr. PVAC, a crystal clear, brittle, light and heat resistant thermoplastic;
D. 1.16 to 1.18 g cm-3. P. is easily soluble in lower alcohols, esters, ketones and chlorinated hydrocarbons. The softening point is strongly dependent on the relative molecular weight and can be increased up to 180 ° C. P. is obtained primarily by suspension polymerization of vinyl acetate in the presence of hydrogen peroxide or organic peroxides as catalyst and polyvinyl alcohol as suspension stabilizer. Due to its low mechanical strength, P. cannot be used as a construction material. Its importance lies in the paint sector and in adhesive technology. Pure P. is used as a hot melt adhesive, and emulsions of P. with the addition of polyvinyl alcohol are used as wood glue for plywood and others. in use. Solutions from P. with little added plasticizer are used in many cases in conjunction with cellulose nitrate as an adhesive for paper, cardboard, leather and others. In painting technology, P. is used as a paint raw material for spray and dip paints. P. is well compatible with other paint raw materials, such as cellulose nitrate, chlorinated rubber and phenolic resins, and forms an elastic, well-adhering, lightfast and crystal-clear paint film. Aqueous emulsions from P. are used in conjunction with color pigments and fillers as emulsion paints for wood, masonry and plaster, as putties and as fillers, which are widely used for priming as seamless plastic covering for porous materials. A P. with a low degree of polymerization is suitable for the production of chewing gum.
Copolymers made of vinyl acetate and vinyl chloride are used as adhesives and paint raw materials.
- Why do you need a blogging strategy
- When and how are mirrors invented
- What do quartz countertops look like
- Is collectivism communism
- What happens if the BGV fails
- Are rounded or angular edges stronger
- Like boys big labia
- What exactly is a sneeze
- How do I add a FaceTime contact
- Which word rhymes with eloquence
- How can I tare my roof
- Who is the father of libertarian philosophy
- Who made colors
- What purpose does Theranos serve
- What is true despair
- Why do government jobs in India suck
- How does music recommendation software work
- Are games and studies important to life?
- What are the blockchain escrow services
- What are some side effects of Tylenol
- Why does politics anger people
- What are some fun facts about skiing
- How is the warmth maintained deep in the earth
- All children can whistle
- Winning accounts are blocked in bet365
- What is Hasbro's marketing strategy
- Is Reliance Jio available in Leh Ladakh
- How did the term world literature come about?
- Can anyone solve this tricky math problem
- Why isn't there a lot of open source farming
- How many instruments can Roger Waters play
- What is the smallest injection molding machine
- Did Richard Mueller ever fail a class?
- What forms of government did Aristotle want?