What are computer clusters
The term "Cluster"Is used in many fields and means something like" accumulation "or" pile ". In astronomy, for example, adjacent stars can form a star cluster. In IT, one speaks of a computer cluster as a network of computers that work closely together to solve a problem together (high performance computing cluster) or to increase availability (failover cluster). The term “cluster” generally describes things that belong together.
In computer science there are other clusters: the data clusters. These arrange data in such a way that access to related data is as effective as possible. Data clusters are therefore an important means of optimizing databases. Computer clusters are also common in connection with databases. For example, the phrase "use a cluster to improve database performance" could mean both a computer cluster and a data cluster. To avoid this confusion, it should be noted that a cluster always refers to a data cluster in this chapter.
The simplest data clusters in relational databases are the rows of a table. If possible, they are saved in the same data block. Only if a line does not fit into a single data block is it divided into several. This is especially the case with LOB columns.
Indices offer the possibility to cluster data in a targeted manner. The underlying concept was already discussed in Chapter 1, "Anatomy of a SQL Index“Introduced: An index is an ordered form of indexed data. Similar values are stored next to each other. This means that an index forms a cluster of rows with similar values. This ability to cluster data is so important that I consider it to be the "Second power of indexing" denote.
Traversing the tree is the primary power of indexing.
Clustering is the second power of indexing.
The following sections explain how to use this power to improve query speed.
- Are prairie dogs legal in Pennsylvania
- How does meditation change the brain
- Make social media a generation gap
- Which country left the First World War in 1917
- Do hysterectomies cause weight gain
- Feelings hurt a man's normal life
- What are seed ticks
- How does a physicist read literature
- What is the design process
- Opportunities to become a good programmer
- What are the best ethical fashion blogs
- Is Amazon really a technology company
- When was the first human soul
- How effective is ciprofloxacin for toothache
- How do I compile lua to exe
- How do you carry out a customer analysis
- Is house paint waterproof
- Which video encoding does IBM Watson support
- What are the scaffolds in selenium
- How did John Cage die
- What are compound volcanoes
- What is meth to quit
- Do employees need an email
- What is TED Ed
- How can you get BPD
- What are seed ticks
- How do cryptocurrencies store value
- Should you care less about life
- What is PigLatin in Java
- What does the Hindi word geet mean
- What kind of tissue is the epidermis
- Why are there animal rights
- Which is greater than 6 or 6