What is subcutaneous edema
Edema: what is it?
The term edema comes from the Greek: "Oidema" means swelling or swelling. Edema is an accumulation of watery fluid in the body tissue that leads to swelling of the affected tissue. It can be limited to certain parts of the body (e.g. around the ankles) or over the whole body Edema formation is also known as dropsy.
Edema can arise for a variety of reasons. Diseases that can lead to edema are z. B. heart or kidney weakness, drainage disorders of the venous blood in the legs, protein deficiency, disorders of the lymphatic drainage or allergic diseases. Either too much tissue fluid accumulates or it is difficult to remove and the fluid builds up.
Medicines can also cause edema, for example preparations for high blood pressure (calcium channel blockers), pain relievers (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), cortisone preparations, or medicines for depression (antidepressants).
Edema can also occur in healthy people: in some women, shortly before the menstrual period, fluid accumulates in the tissue in the face, hands and breasts or all over the body. This premenstrual edema often occurs as part of premenstrual syndrome. In people who stand or sit for a long time, fluid can build up around the shins after a while. This edema disappears on its own after a while.
- How do I earn with Diply
- Is hip hop black music
- Nichiren Shoshu is rooted in Mahayana Buddhism
- What were James Madison's political beliefs
- How is India's relationship with China
- What is Rosh Chodesh
- Cause E-Cigs Copd
- What is the smallest air force base
- 1992 was a good year
- Why don't cats belch or fart
- What is regioselective in radical reactions
- Which are the best NLP transfer institutes
- What can ruin a good singing voice
- Too much vegetable juice is unhealthy
- Instagram has a regram share function
- Do spiders want to kill you
- What is the full form of the IEA
- Think foldable phones are practical
- What was the downfall of Bioware
- Which keto pills really work
- What should I pack for SRM Kattankulathur
- How can I get 8+ in IELTS
- Who actually wrote Vishnu Sahasranamam
- Killed Quora Answers com