How do laminate floors and tiles compare?
Tiles or laminate? The cost-benefit calculation
The price for laminate is extremely low. Laminate floors are available in stores from around EUR 4 - 5 per m². For higher quality laminates you usually have to calculate around 10 EUR per m².
In addition, you can lay laminate yourself relatively easily
can. This only requires a little skill, professional installation is by no means absolutely necessary.
Cost of tiled floor
Floor tiles are available in a slightly larger price range. The prices sometimes start under 10 EUR per m², but high-quality porcelain stoneware is usually a bit more expensive - between 20 - 50 EUR per m².
The price is not directly related to the quality, but is often determined to a large extent by other factors:
- Manufacturer Name
- special designs
- special surface designs
You can get very high-quality porcelain stoneware from around EUR 25 per m². In addition, however, there are the laying costs for tiles. In the case of craft businesses, you can assume a total of around EUR 30 per m² for laying, but in some cases you get a bit cheaper with flat-rate prices. In addition, many individual, independent tilers often offer their services much cheaper.
Laminate is usually expected to have a durability of up to 10 years. Then the laminate has to be removed and replaced with a new floor covering.
The durability of porcelain stoneware tiles is well over 50 years, 60 - 80 years are not uncommon with regular cleaning. Tiles practically do not require any maintenance or renewal.
Comparison of the costs
During the time in which a tiled floor lasts, laminate floors must be laid at least 5 - 8 times. In addition to the material costs (even with cheap laminate that is at least 40 - 50 EUR per m²) there is additional effort:
Clear out the rooms, move the furniture
Remove and dispose of the old laminate
Laying the new laminate
A porcelain stoneware floor installed by a professional also costs around 40 - 60 EUR per m² in total, but practically never needs to be replaced afterwards.
Both tile floors and laminate floors are usually imitative, which means their design mimics other floor coverings. In the case of tiles, however, this imitation usually looks much more perfect. The use of particularly large-format tiles often creates a look that is much more true to the original.
- What are macromolecular machines
- Why are the Seattle Sounders so popular
- Which is the best sports drink
- How much science is there in business?
- What's the best Breaking Benjamin album
- Google Pay Google Play customer number
- What is the color of the snow
- Love to wear too much makeup
- Roundup causes kidney disease
- Actor-entertainers ever create a resume
- How does the brain develop in evolution?
- What are curtains made of
- Has the Hitler family died out?
- Can fish hear music?
- Should the government capitalize on public sector banks
- What is cyberchondria
- What causes the piezoelectric effect
- Which sensor is used in the micro mouse
- Are you ready to spy on someone
- Where can I adopt a husky
- How should I treat a cold
- Is it really important to share your feeling
- Is Uber successful in Vienna
- What is Kurt Vonnegut best known for?
- How do you review a process improvement
- What's missing from the Portland bar scene
- Who can teach leadership
- How do business failures cost money?
- What is VAT
- Why doesn't my friend love
- What are the growing bond markets
- Which brand has the most comfortable leggings
- When is it okay to choose euthanasia?