Would you buy a new MG car
The MGA is a sports car produced by the MG division of the British Motor Corporation from 1955-1962. It replaced the older T-type cars and took a complete styling break from the older vehicles. The car was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1955. A total of 101,081 units by the end of production were sold in July 1962, the vast majority of which were exported. Only 5869 vehicles were sold in the domestic market, the highest export share of any UK car. It was replaced by the MGB.
MG classic cars for sale
The MGA design dates back to 1951 when MG designer Syd Enever created a streamlined body for George Philips' TD Le Mans car. The problem with this car was the driver's high seating position due to the restrictions on using the TD chassis. A new chassis was spaced further apart with the side members and the bottom on the underside no longer formed the top of the frame sections. A prototype was built and shown to the BMC chairman Leonard Lord. He turned down the idea of producing the new car as he had just signed a deal with Donald Healey. Austin-Healey cars 2 weeks ago. Falling sales of traditional MG models caused a change of heart, and the car, initially called the UA series, was brought back. Because it was so different from the older MG models it was called MGA, the "first of a new line" to quote contemporary advertising. There was also a new engine available, therefore the car did not have the original XPAG unit but was fitted with the BMC Corporate B-Series type allowing a lower hood line.
Are you buying a MG MGA?
It was a body-on-frame design and used the straight-4 "B-series" engine from the MG Magnette sedan driving the rear wheels via a 4-speed gearbox. Suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front and a rigid axle with semi-elliptical springs at the rear. Steering was by rack and pinion. The car was available with either wire-spoke or steel-disc wheels.
ER Classics, classic car specialist from Holland, also for MG!
You can find our offer here
What are the benefits of buying a MG MGA classic car from ER Classics?
- A large selection of classic cars in our own classic car market
- All vehicles are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- TUV, H license plate, maintenance welding and interior procedures for your MG MGA car
- Our specialized old-timer mechanics do all the work you want on your car
- We take care of repairs, maintenance and customer-specific needs
- Complete restoration of the MG MGA car
- We can deliver your classic car in any European country
- Can corpses transmit contagious diseases?
- How do millionaires get richer?
- Why do scars itch when they heal
- What's your rating of Google Chrome
- How was Europe before World War II
- What is digital marketing for a website
- How do social entrepreneurs work together
- Is brilliantly halal
- How do the internet service providers connect
- What do you mean by e-commerce
- Can Android ever replace iOS
- What theme does the J Coles website use
- Theoretical research is a waste of time
- Is renewable energy worth the cost
- The Salesforce technology is used for app development
- What is the time-independent Schroedinger equation
- How is Guadalajara
- How do you deal with reality
- You may be allergic to allergy medication
- What is the diameter of the room
- Who makes the best hunting boots
- Take homeopathic tablets
- What is meant by programming model
- How do global problems have local connections
- Can a dog really be in love?
- Why do skulls have so many bones?
- Is that a reversible process
- What do termites look like 1
- Why has Canada changed its flag
- What are different police stations
- What is the Hebrew translation of the testimony
- How many subdivisions are there in Assam
- Are all USB C cables the same