What are you hiding in your phone
Hide pictures - This is how it works on the iPhone and Android
Sometimes you want to prevent content on your phone from falling into the wrong eyes. If you want to leave a photo on the device memory but protect it from prying eyes, we will show you how to hide pictures on Android smartphones and on the iPhone.
While iOS has its own function for hiding, you have to dig into your bag of tricks with Android smartphones.
Hide pictures on iPhone
On the iPhone, you can hide pictures directly using the Photos app:
- Call the Photos app on.
- Look for the picture you are trying to hide.
- Press that Share symbol.
- Here you will find the option to Hide.
- Confirm your entry.
If you want to find a hidden picture, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Photos app.
- Here you leave your Albums Show.
- Scroll down and select the option Utilities.
- Tap Hidden.
- All hidden images are now displayed.
- Select a specific image to view it large.
- Here you will find the share button again.
- The option for Fade in.
You can also hide the folder with the hidden photos so that it does not appear in the general album overview. With this setting, hidden images no longer appear in the Photos app:
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Here you search for the area photos.
- Scroll down to the entry Hidden.
- Deactivate the album.
- If you want to find the hidden photos again, activate the album again at this point.
In this way, not only photos but also videos can be hidden on the iPhone.
You don't have to hide that: The best smartphone deals in the DEINHANDY shop.
Android: hide photos
There is no direct photo hiding feature on Android devices. But there is a simple detour, in which you do not need an additional app. To do this, you have to connect your mobile phone to the computer.
- If the device is connected to a PC by cable, you first look for the photo folder in the cell phone memory on the computer. Usually the folder has the name DCIM.
- Create a subfolder here. You can choose any name, but it must start with a period.
- In the subfolder you create a new text file with the name .nomedia. The point at the beginning of the file name is also important here.
- Now move all image files into this folder. That works with videos too. If you have a file manager app on your phone, you don't have to connect the device to the computer every time to hide new pictures.
- If you want to display the pictures again, simply move them from the sub-folder into another folder.
If this way is too cumbersome for you, you can simply download an app to hide files on your mobile phone. The application, for example, is suitable for this purpose Keepsafe: Secret folder to hide pictures. This can also be used to protect content, for example with a fingerprint or a PIN. Keepsafe is free, but some features require a paid subscription.
We'll also show you how to hide apps on your phone and how to recover deleted photos.
- How is AWS Elastic File System implemented
- Would you invest in Halliburton stock
- Hire Oracle C ++ programmers
- How long do you keep leftovers
- What is the definition of gravitational force
- What antibiotics treat cholera
- There is skydiving near Paris, France
- How can I support workers in Kuwait
- What is the future of direct marketing
- Smoking versus vaping
- Money is a store of value
- What is not worth your time
- Burns fat while on a diet
- What is the market share of AdMobs
- Shops accept half dollar coins
- What is the green agenda
- How can I beat someone in poker
- What is IV Implied Volatility
- How many genetically engineered superfoods are there
- Are prairie dogs legal in Pennsylvania
- How do you explain the language processing system
- What are the best IDEs for programmers
- People often trade dignity for certainty
- Where and how was Lord Muruga born