How strict is the medical school
There are 32 medical in the UK Faculties with a larger range of medical study options that is unfamiliar to German applicants.
The course ends with the title Bachelor of Divinity with Honors (B.D. (Hons)) and is equivalent to the state examination in medicine from Germany or the master’s degree in Belgium or the Netherlands.
Duration of studies:
The entire course lasts 6 years, this then includes a so-called Foundation Year. If you have sufficient previous knowledge, you can also apply for the five-year course. If you have already obtained your first academic degree in the medical field, e.g. a bachelor's degree in biomedicine, there is also a medical course shortened to four years (so-called short track). The study achievements are counted according to ECTS points.
Start of studies and application:
The course begins at the beginning of September each year, there is no start of the course in spring (summer semester). The application time ends very early, namely on October 15 of the previous year. Thus, an application for human medicine in England must be made almost a year before the start of the course!
There is a national registration office for applications, the UCAS (Universities Central Admissions and Applications Service)
At UCAS, a maximum of four medical universities can be specified in the application, so the number of applications is limited per year. The medical study programs of different lengths have different key figures at UCAS: the six-year program the A104, the five-year course the A100, the four-year course for applicants with a first academic degree the A101.
In addition to the general university entrance qualification or, alternatively, an IB (International Baccalaureat) or EB (European B.), the universities always require an official English language certificate. Enrolling in English as an advanced course in the Abitur is not sufficient. Common certificates include the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), as well as the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English and others. The medical universities each state the accepted certificates directly on their websites as well as the respective minimum number of points or minimum grades in these certificates.
Particularly in the field of human medicine, universities also require an official test result in one of the following test formats: BMAT (Biomedical Admissions Test), UKCAT (UK Clinical Aptitude Test), GAMSAT (Graduate Medical School Admissions Test. However, this is not strictly speaking Selection examinations, the test result influences the selection of students along with various other factors. Basically, a distinction is made between knowledge-based tests and cognitive test procedures in this area. Universities often also expect a so-called letter of intent (letter of motivation).
With regard to the selection of students, the universities are relatively autonomous and usually make decisions through multi-stage processes. In a first step, the school grades (so-called A-Levels) and subject assignments play a role, especially in the natural sciences. The result of a test format (see above), any previous experience from internships or professional training in the medical field, and a letter of motivation can also have an influence. The last step in the selection decision is usually on-site applicant interviews.
Unfortunately, medical studies in England have a very high number of applicants. Depending on the university, you should expect around 8 to 12 applicants per study place. For applicants with little chance in Germany, an application in England is likely to lead to the desired goal only in exceptional cases.
costs: For medical courses, the universities usually charge the highest fees (so-called `` top-up '' fees), which currently amount to 9,000 British pounds per year. Only some of the Scottish universities are cheaper, where tuition fees are often less than £ 3,000 per year.
(You can get more information in the seminars)
- Can I immigrate to Germany?
- Which is the tallest building
- Where does Google get its funding from
- What does the slang really mean
- Can you please solve the sum no. 754
- How standardized was the imperial Roman uniform
- Which was the fabled city of gold
- What sayings are offensive
- How can I redeem vouchers on Amazon
- What is the name of the victory
- How would someone give himself away?
- What is the name of the victory
- Have the US elected an innumerable president?
- All beings perceive 3 dimensions
- Where can I wholesale viper poison?
- How to store collectible dolls
- What are you avoiding emotionally?
- How do I get a certification for Jmeter
- What is the evidence that neutrons exist
- Where is Obama today
- What is Azolla's cultivation
- Is GTP a protein
- What do the best students do
- What are the best discussion forums
- Why are portable apps themselves not portable
- What percentage of vodka is ethanol
- Why is Superman not rich
- How does meditation differ from loving goods
- How does Prozac work with Xanax
- Can someone create art
- Which is the best sports drink
- Canada is secretly a transcontinental country
- How harmful is Chuna and Paan