What is the teaching of transubstantiation
The Roman Church teaches to this day: The bread served in the Lord's Supper in the form of the host is the body of Christ, just as the wine embodies his blood - really and truthfully and not just symbolically. From Descartes' point of view, that was simply superstition. His physical theory made it impossible to continue to hold the transubstantiation to be true. [Der Spiegel, 09.11.2009]
Protestants and Catholics are no longer cracking their heads about how to correctly understand transubstantiation during the Lord's Supper (the question is whether and how bread and wine are transformed into the real presence of Jesus). But pious people are still convinced that a ritual is best when it never changes. [Süddeutsche Zeitung, December 20, 2014]
There were differences [between the representatives of the Reformation] in the doctrine of the Lord's Supper. Luther believed in transubstantiation (the real transformation of wine and bread into the blood and body of Christ); Zwingli thought that was a symbolic speech. [Schwanitz, Dietrich: Bildung. Frankfurt a. M .: Eichborn 1999, p. 114]
The feast of Corpus Christi was celebrated for the first time in Liège in 1246 by Bishop Robert. [...] The transubstantiation is celebrated, i. H. the wonderful transformation of the blessed host into the body of the Lord, Old High German Fronlichnam [Corpus Christi. In: Current Lexicon 1974-2000. Munich: DIZ 2000 ]
Yes, there is this transubstantiation (= transformation) of the pain into a dark joy, and in the end the depression can also act like an addiction from which there is no liberation, because the pain one suffers with the all too human desire to be rid of him is completely fused. [Schuh, Franz: Typists. Cologne: DuMont 2000, p. 291]
- Who discovered the ballpoint pen?
- What causes the piezoelectric effect
- What are connections made of
- How strict is the medical school
- What is a behaviorist
- If 5x 55 what is x 2
- Can Lyft take my luggage with me?
- What is a gas mass flow meter
- Where is scrap market in Sargodha Pakistan
- How is normality converted into molarity
- Plastic surgery includes actual plastic surgery
- How do professional sports teams come about
- How do business failures cost money?
- Who are the successors of Lord Parshuram
- What is I2C
- What is a Kel Tec KSG
- What video game villain is really bad
- How's that for a cover letter
- What are your favorite slayer lyrics
- Where can I find Dutch friends
- How could recycling be improved?
- How effective is ciprofloxacin for toothache
- Why do I always feel high 1
- Why are Koreans so thin