Is grip water good for babies?
This will help your baby with stomach ache
There is no miracle cure for the notorious three-month colic with the screaming hours that occur mainly in the evening. If your pediatrician has not found any pathological cause behind the flatulence, you can at least count on the fact that this difficult time will only last approximately for the first twelve weeks.
Colic baby? Stay calm!
Try to calmly accept the situation and help your child. Most importantly, don't blame yourself. Remember that the discomfort will go away in a few weeks. This is easy to say because a difficult-to-calm colic baby can become a major burden on parents and the entire household. Try it anyway, because the more stressed you are, the more restless the baby becomes.
Proven less colic
95% of Swiss mothers confirm less colic thanks to the MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic. Learn more
Some tips on how to give your baby a little relief from stomach ache:
- Gently massage the child's belly in a clockwise direction. Move only the abdominal wall, not the intestinal area.
- Make sure that the child can always kick their feet against an object (pillow, bed border, when carrying your hand or stomach), this stimulates the abdominal muscles and thus also the digestion and the child has a resistance when pushing out bowel movements and air. A regular foot massage is also very beneficial.
- Place the child face down on a hot water bottle (ideally: a small bed bottle for babies) with warm but not hot water or on a warmed cherry stone pillow. However, do not let your child sleep unsupervised in this position.
- Carry your baby around. Place it on your forearm with your belly down (pilot's grip).
- Take your child for a ride in the stroller. That'll distract it.
- Carry your child (also as a preventive measure) in a sling or another carrier.
- Let your baby sleep in a baby hammock on a trial basis. Maybe you can borrow one from your circle of friends.
- With some babies, "holding back" works quite well - a holding technique that is also used for "diaper-free". The parents support their bare baby on the thighs, lean his upper body / back against their own stomach and give him the support that he does not yet have. This allows excess and agonizing air in the intestine to escape.
- Give him a pacifier to suck on.
- Avoid flatulent foods like cabbage, onions, and legumes in your diet when you are breastfeeding. More tips on nutrition while breastfeeding.
- As a nursing mother, avoid cow's milk products in your diet for some time. Your baby may react indirectly to milk sugar (lactose), which is converted to gas with the help of bacteria in the intestines.
- For this reason, you should always let one breast empty first and only then switch. The first serving of milk contains more milk sugar than the later serving from the same breast.
- If you are breastfeeding, drink approx. 3 cups of fennel, breastfeeding or defoat tea a day. You can find the exact recipe for a special anti-gas tea in our compilation of tried and tested home remedies.
- When your child gets the bottle, you can prepare it with fennel tea. Instead of water, simply use the same amount of light fennel tea (only unsweetened) to stir in the infant milk powder.
- Discuss the situation with your pediatrician, maternal advisor or pharmacist for further help. A liquid drug with benign intestinal bacteria (e.g. naturally occurring lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus reuteri) or simethicone might also help. These are available from the pharmacy without a prescription.
- Some paediatricians recommend a product from England called Gripe Water (consists of star anise oil), available e.g. in the St. Peter pharmacy in Zurich or in the pharmacy near you on order. After breastfeeding or pint or as required, the child from the 1st to 6th month is given 5 ml (1 teaspoon) directly. Enter a maximum of 6 times a day, the effect should take place within 10 minutes. Older children receive 1 to 2 teaspoons each, a maximum of 6 times a day.
- The "tummy oil" from Weleda, which can be rubbed in gently, also helps.
- Get relief - whenever you can. After just an hour or two without a crying child, you can see the whole problem more calmly. You can find tips on this in the topic "Cry Baby".
Complementary food: The right porridge for a slight stomach ache
Dr. Robert Hamilton, a pediatrician in Santa Monica, California, demonstrates a grab handle that can be used to calm a crying baby in no time - "The Hold":
Last updated: 18-11-20, MR / BH / BF / AS
- What is a flag in a microprocessor
- Control the house the Senate
- What is a Nazar band
- We keep some countries neutral
- Are water baptisms necessary for salvation?
- What if North Korea destroyed Canada?
- What case of vengeance will surprise you
- What killed all of Daenerys' ancestors
- Why is coffee so popular in America
- How a girl flirts over text
- Energy therapy is pseudoscience
- How was Zappos successful as a company
- Breasts grow after 18 years
- Are prairie dogs legal in Pennsylvania
- Are ant animals
- What causes Autobahn illusions
- How does cyberbullying affect students?
- How did RM come to BTS
- How can we watch Telugu Gemini series
- Are iPhones underestimated these days
- What's new on the iPhone SE
- How are subatomic particles detected
- How do I beat a class failure
- Can you drive with ocular myasthenia gravis