What is a cognitive approach to psychotherapy
What is cognitive behavioral therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy is a non-drug treatment for mental illness. The term "cognitive" comes from Latin and means "knowledge". This therapy is used for e.g. depression, anxiety, eating or sleeping disorders and addictions, but also in addition to coping with serious illnesses.
The treatment approach is based on the assumption that essential behavior and thought patterns are learned in the course of a lifetime - also through experience. As this example is supposed to show:
>> violent quarrel with separation <<
Thoughts, feelings and behavior influence each other. Sometimes the resulting thought and behavior patterns can become problematic and cause high levels of suffering in those affected. As part of cognitive behavioral therapy, behavior, thoughts and feelings are reflected on together with the therapist, checked for appropriateness and alternatives are developed in order to counteract problematic behavioral patterns. There are various techniques for this: thought stopping, model learning - i.e. learning from other people in a group, or exposure - i.e. targeted exposure to a problematic situation.
Gradually, the coping options acquired are tried out and skills are developed to cope with everyday life again. Active participation of those affected, the will to change themselves, patience and the willingness to survive difficult phases during the therapy are important for a successful therapy. A mutual and trusting relationship with the therapist is the basis for this.
Knowledge is healthy.
- Where does Usain Bolt live
- What is the teaching of transubstantiation
- What is it like to be an older father
- How realistic is the movie Armageddon
- What is the depth of our earth
- Dreams better the day than at night
- What is a duplex plant
- How different forms of gold are taxed
- What is a good guitar home amp
- Does heat cause rain If so, how
- When is the YCombinator Startup School 2013
- People with hobbies live longer
- How are ceramics and stoneware made
- How would technology help the world
- M83 is working on a new album
- Which is the best bitcoin earnings page
- What insanity does Satan have?
- Voellerei can see people as people
- At what age did you use a vulgar word
- Christians do bad things
- Is Babylon the same as Babylonia
- How can I successfully repair charcoal drawings
- Can we consider Batman as mentally unstable?
- What does IFAZone