What do acidic foods have
Acid Foods I Overview, Effects, and Tips
But what are acidic or basic foods?
Acid-forming foods do not have to have a sour taste. For example, lemon juice is one of the basic foods. The main thing is how the food works in the body and what substances are created when it is broken down. More likely to form through metabolism Acids, it is an acid-forming food, for example meat or fish. However, they arise during metabolism basic substances or if the body itself is stimulated to form bases, it is referred to as base-forming, i.e. alkaline, food.
What are acidic foods?
Acid foods are primarily characterized by one high protein content , which increases acid formation in the metabolism:
- Meat, sausage products
- Fish, seafood
- Cheese and dairy products, except whey (basic)
- Cereal products
- Cola drinks: In addition to the high sugar content, the phosphoric acid content puts a strain on the acid-base balance.
- Legumes, except green beans (basic)
- refined oils and animal fats
- Industrial foods and beverages  
The effects of acidic foods
At a chronic acidosis the body cannot completely remove the acids and toxins due to insufficient buffer capacities of the blood and body cells. If the acid load is not compensated for in the long term, this can have a negative effect on the calcium balance and thus also on the bone structure . Because in order to buffer the acids, the body takes calcium from the bones and one osteoporosis (Bone loss) can arise . If protein consumption is very high and calcium intake is very low, the risk is higher .
The body only has a certain capacity to neutralize acids. If this is exhausted because too many acids are supplied, the acids are temporarily stored in the connective and fatty tissue in order to be neutralized and disposed of at a later point in time. If the body is now permanently supplied with acids or if it produces more and more acids itself without being able to excrete them, this can lead to various complaints. Connective tissue and skin age and sag prematurely. wrinklescan form and Cellulite can arise. That too blood becomes more acidic: The flexible red blood cells can become rigid and non-deformable, making it difficult for them to force their way through the smallest blood vessels. This allows for example cold hands and feet arise. Acids also affect the autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for heartbeat, digestion, sleep and breathing. The consequences can be, for example Fatigue, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness or one increased number of stress hormones his .
Acidification can cause a multitude of symptoms Skin disorders aggravate or contribute to the cause, for example acne, neurodermatitis or eczema. Acne can result from the strengthened horny layer, which is caused by over-acidification of the tissue. The spread of atopic dermatitis correlates with hyperacidity. Inflammation and increased psychological stress cause increased acid formation. The organism must also excrete this acid through the skin. Open legs (ulcus cruris) can also indicate over-acidification when the normal excretory organs are overloaded and the body tries to get rid of the acids and toxins in other ways.
The excretion creates an acidic environment on the skin and mucous membranes and offers ideal conditions for the colonization and reproduction of fungi. So can Mycoses (Fungal infections) of the skin, nails, intestines and vagina.
Acid deposits only lead to noticeable impairments such as pain and inflammation when the acid stores are no longer sufficient and the salts are deposited as crystals in joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, intervertebral discs, nerves and vessels. Acid crystals can be deposited in the muscles, which can lead to tension. The crystals settle in the tissues or within the joints (gout), this leads to severe inflammation, which is not only extremely painful, but also considerably restricts the mobility of the affected joints .
Tips on dealing with acidic foods
It is advisable to always combine acidic or acidic foods with alkaline foods as far as possible in order to keep acid formation as low as possible. There are foods that can form acid, but are still very healthy. This is the case with nuts, pulses and whole grains, for example. These "Good acid generator" In contrast to the “bad acid builders”, which show no positive effects, they should also be integrated into a mainly alkaline diet . On "Bad acid formers", for example soft drinks, sweets, white sugar, coloring and flavoring substances, alcohol and white flour products can be safely dispensed with. They put more strain on the metabolism than the "good acid builders" and should therefore only be consumed to a very limited extent. Fish or meat can be on the menu 2 to 3 times a week. But if the person concerned eats mountains of pasta, drinks a sweetened soda and treats himself to a piece of cake afterwards, it is a cocktail of bad acidifiers and definitely too much .
-  Kurt Widhalm: Nutritional medicine. Deutscher Ärzteverlag, 2009, p. 731.
-  Jürgen Vormann: Acid-base balance. Gräfe and Unzer, 2014.
-  "Food table", http://www.saeure-basen-forum.de/pdf/IPEV-Nahrungsmittelabelle.pdf, January 9, 2016
-  "Acid-base forum: Frequently asked questions", http://www.saeure-basen-forum.de/, 09.01.2016
-  Robert Kopf: Osteoporosis - treating and preventing bone loss with homeopathy and Schüssler salts (biochemistry): A homeopathic, naturopathic and biochemical guide. BookRix, 2015.
-  Reiner Bartl: Osteoporosis: prevention, diagnosis, therapy. Georg Thieme Verlag, 2010.
-  Eva Dimmendaal: Lyme disease: the self-help program. Gräfe and Unzer, 2012.
-  Christine Wahler: Soda: The environment is everything. Books on Demand, 2015.
-  Andreas Wacker, Sabine Wacker: 300 questions about the acid-base balance. Gräfe and Unzer, 2012.
-  Sabine Wacker: Base fasting - The big cookbook: Healthy weight loss and detox with over 170 recipes. Georg Thieme Verlag, 2014, pp. 128–129.
- Which Indian film characters have inspired you
- Why is Docracy not doing better in 2016?
- Why did Jamie Zawinski leave Mozilla
- What are some statistics about Germany
- What is the loss of virginity
- Make record labels their own masters
- Is Ghana a safe country for Canadians
- Why were the killers of Jesus atheists
- Can we see electrons with a microscope?
- What are the Cs of communication
- How much charge for interior design
- Could you regain consciousness after your death?
- Can dogs get cancer
- What are some of the typical Oakland dishes
- How do I beat a class failure
- What is NET DTO
- What do Cambodians think of Sam Rainsy
- Why are there business rules
- What is Required Spirulina Cultivation Process
- Do Italian greyhounds get along with cats?
- How do you conquer projective identification
- Indian naval officers visit foreign countries
- What TV series got the ending right
- How does it feel to model naked
- What are the best discussion forums
- What is tafenoquin
- How is China misinterpreted by Western politicians?
- If 19x 1 20 what is x
- Why does glass not conduct heat
- Which tastes better Nutella or peanut butter
- What is saturated water
- Magnetic eyeliner is safe to use