Why are there different mantras
What types of mantras are there
What types of mantras are there? Background information Different types of mantra. And also recitation of some important mantras.
What types of mantras are there and which mantras have which effect and are particularly suitable for you? Mantras are syllables, words or phrases with spiritual energy and power and there are several ways to distinguish between mantras.
Moksha and Siddhi mantras
First there are the so-called moksha and siddhi mantras. Moksha mantras are mantras that are supposed to lead to liberation (moksha) and enlightenment and Siddhi mantras want to activate certain powers and abilities. For example, "OM" is a moksha mantra that wants to lead you to liberation.
One-body and Bija mantras
“VAM” is the Bija mantra (“Bija” = root) of the Svadhisthana Chakra. It activates the Svadhisthana Chactra, the energy of water, of flowing and it awakens healing energy and creativity. But it does not lead directly to enlightenment. Bija mantras are monosyllabic mantras. Examples are "OM" (which is also a moksha mantra), "AIM", "RIM", "KLIM" and "SHRIM".
There are also polysyllabic mantras that often consist of several words, such as "SOHAM" or "OM NAMAH SHIVAYA". So there are monosyllabic, bija and polysyllabic mantras.
Abstract and Concrete Mantras
A distinction can also be made between abstract and concrete mantras. Abstract mantras, the so-called “Nirguna mantras”, are also called Vedanta mantras and are mantras that are aimed directly at the divine. The moksha mantras include “OM” and “SOHAM” in particular. In a broader sense, the Gayatri mantra and the “Om Tryambakam” are also abstract mantras. There are also the so-called saguna mantras (concrete mantras with properties) that address a certain aspect of God. "OM NAMAH SHIVAYA" is also aimed at Shiva and thus at love and goodness. "OM NAMO NARAYANAYA" is also a mantra, which is aimed at a certain aspect of God, in this case Vishnu, who is everywhere and in all beings as Narayana. Another example is "OM SHRI DURGAYAI NAMAH", which is addressed to the divine mother.
Veda mantras and other subdivisions
There are also Veda mantras that can be found in the Vedas and other subdivisions of mantras. For example, there are a total of 18 moksha mantras in the Yoga Vidya tradition that can be used for meditation.
Video: what types of mantras are there?
Here you can find a video lecture on "What types of mantras are there?"
Short lecture by and with Sukadev on types of mantras, from the group of lectures around mantra.
More questions and answers about mantra
Here you will find answers to further questions about mantra:
What types of mantras are there? Learn more about types of mantras and mantras
Here you can find more information about types of mantras and mantras and some things related to What types of mantras are there?
- What if the big bang happens again
- Who was guarding the Iron Curtain?
- With which stars was the sun formed?
- How many website crashes every day
- What's the deal with Raiblocks XRB
- What is antenatal depression
- Which will help you stay focused while rethinking
- What is predictive asset maintenance
- How many V's are in big data
- The popularity of JUUL is still increasing
- Who is the Indian P M.
- What is meant by pool
- What is the best hotel management blog
- Why did Hollywood stop casting Jack Black?
- Is piano music helpful in relaxing
- Which role model disappointed you the most?
- Are grades better than knowledge
- What is a lossless join in DBMS
- What are occupational therapy interventions
- Were biological weapons used against livestock?
- French is still a global language
- How does Obama call Putin
- What are the benefits of Nginx
- What do the Apache server settings do