Can I play the Blue Whale Challenge?
Latest fake news phenomenon 'Blue Whale' social media game
What is the Blue Whale Game?
The Blue Whale Challenge is an online game where contestants follow a social media account instructing them to complete 50 disruptive challenges. Challenges grow at their extremes; Start by watching a horror movie or listening to a specific song and progress to live streaming some form of self harm.
The Blue Whale Challenge made headlines after it was linked to the deaths of 130 teenagers in Russia. Various media reports suggested that the game began in Russia before it spread to Eastern Europe. Two masterminds behind the evil game have now been arrested.
According to US media reports, the Blue Whale Challenge was responsible for the deaths of two teenagers, including 15-year-old Isaiah Gonzalez, whose parents discussed the game after discovering that he had streamed his suicide live on his smartphone. However, many experts claim the game was a joke after failing to find a link between death and challenge.
Why did it cause controversy?
While the Blue Whale Challenge was initially a joke or was called "false news" by some, it is now becoming problematic. There is concern that some young people are misusing the fear of the challenge to encourage others to harm themselves, take various dares, and post the results online under the guise of the Blue Whale Challenge. Instagram has taken action and issued a warning to all users who search for the results of the challenge and forward them to the Samaritans.
The Blue Whale Game raises some important questions about the influence of the media and the power of the internet. Whether the Blue Whale Game is real or just kidding, there is now cause for concern.
What can you do to protect children?
Ask your child what they're doing online. It is important that you know what websites, apps, and social media platforms they are on
Check the privacy settings. Make sure they know how to make their profiles "private" so that they don't share personal information with strangers. For example, Facebook has a function for checking data protection
Make sure they know when and how to report and block malicious or inappropriate messages or posts
Use caution when giving out personal information such as your school, phone number, or anything else that identifies where you live. Don't consider using your full name on your profile
Use the t-shirt test if you want to share pictures online or send pictures or videos to friends: do you wear it on your t-shirt? If not, don't send it
Have regular conversations with your children about the risks they are facing and how to deal with them, such as: B. Cyberbullying and grooming, and make sure they feel able to speak to you if they notice any problems
If you are concerned about your child's emotional well-being or are concerned that your child may have encountered the Blue Whale Challenge, contact The Samaritans on 116 123
- What convinced you to quit your job
- How can technology help governments fight corruption?
- Why are aliens always the bad guys?
- Can music heal a broken heart
- How long can baby birds survive
- Consciousness exists because it has to
- Why does the Honeywell thermostat stay on the auxiliary thermometer
- Are new hedge funds viewed as startups?
- How are beers based on rice made
- How do you make 6 wing doors
- How did the Heartbleed bug come about
- How can sinkholes be prevented
- Is the prison training effective?
- YouTube will be banned in 2020
- What is an NID test
- How can I impress my boyfriend's girlfriend
- How do writers deal with fear
- What is pi and e
- What is the application of Kirchhoff's rule
- Will humans ever evolve to have wings?
- How is surveillance capitalism disrupting our society?
- Which sentence is better worded?
- What is cohesion and adhesion force
- Why did Facebook make your life easier
- It is customary never to have a fever
- What is the meaning of life for you
- We grow apart from childhood friends
- Which cellular network does Straight Talk use
- What does a non-profit startup do
- What is the source of matter
- Can Pranic Healing cure a tinnitus problem
- What causes LDL to increase the most