What's your rating of Victoria BC
Victoria / British Columbia
With an area of almost 10 million square kilometers, Canada is 28 times the size of Germany. The country is politically divided into 10 provinces and three territories. One of the provinces is British Columbia (B.C.). The territory is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the west and the United States to the south.
Victoria Center - Johnson Street
Victoria - capital of the province of British Columbia
The capital of the province and the destination of cruise ships is the city of Victoria, which has a population of around 85,000. It is located in the south of the 31,285 square kilometer Vancouver Island. - Victoria is not only the capital, but also a port and university city. Its characteristics are the scenic location, the harmonious cityscape, a high standard of living and sustained population growth. And above all: by Canadian standards, the regional climate is extremely mild. Travel experts rank Victoria among the top 20 destinations in North America.
Victoria China Town
Every year, the New York lifestyle magazine Condé Nast compiles a list of the 40 most attractive cities in the world with the “Readers‘ Choice Awards ”. Victoria fell to 22nd place in the overall standings. The city even came second among the “smaller” cities. The magazine praised the city's climate and location. It makes Victoria the ideal starting point for outdoor activities. And of course, with a lifestyle commitment, Victoria's stately mansions in the midst of “manicured” gardens are also mentioned.
Victoria's landmarks undoubtedly include the Inner Harbor and the Empress Hotel towering above it. The castle-like building, completed in 1908, is managed by the global Fairmont Group.
Fairmont Empress Hotel
The city grew out of a trading post of the Hudson’s Bay Company. It was established in 1843 by the bustling businessman James Douglas. He did so well that he was named governor of Vancouver Island in 1851. He is considered the "father of British Columbia".
Victoria as a cruise destination
Victoria has been a cruise destination since 1978. Cruise ships often make a stop in Victoria in connection with Alaska voyages. The cruise season runs from mid-April to late October. In 2017, 239 cruise ships and 600,000 passengers were welcomed at the Ogden Point Cruise Terminal. Trend: increasing.
Cruise Terminal Ogden Point
Victoria - Our rating
Victoria is one of those port cities that don't need expensive excursions. The charming city can be easily discovered on foot. The city center is two kilometers from the cruise terminal. The city buses stop near the terminal. The main sights in and around town can be easily reached by public transport. The garden paradise of Butchart Gardens is one of the most important local destinations. We describe this and the other sights under Victoria B.C. - Tourist Attractions.
Garden lovers in Butchart Gardens
Update April 2021
- How does rain affect the pH of the soil?
- What are Munaf Patel's records
- What is the value of 6 4 2
- IOS 10 is supported for iPhone 5
- How can we download PubG for J2
- Why are there no poisonous flying animals
- Why save the head of state
- Can feel paraplegic touches
- What is your rating of the Etsy product
- Why is skin care so important in winter
- What is the audio interface used for?
- What is NVIP
- Have you ever invalidated your ballot
- Offer entry to educational fairs
- What is asset tracking software
- How many atoms are there per 2 mm
- Who is in charge of the Federal Reserve?
- Are the medical bills inflated?
- What are the different styles of play
- What's the Most Confusing American Name
- What's the life in your way
- Which is not the creation of Allah
- How can I spot a false tinder
- Who is Steph Curry