Is Nicolas Cage underestimated?
Interim game - Nicolas Cage is on the trail of a conspiracy
After we presented Brian De Palma as one of the rather underrated directors of our time, there is now the opportunity to see one of his seldom discussed films on kabel eins. Zeit auf Zeit is a conspiracy thriller that features a brilliant performance by Nicolas Cage and greets the audience with a spectacular opening sequence.
The story of the film revolves around Rick Santoro (Nicolas Cage), a corrupt New Jersey police officer who is looking forward to a spectacular boxing match and the reunion with his childhood friend Kevin Dunne (Gary Sinise). The latter works for the US Navy and is responsible for the security of the present Secretary of Defense Charles Kirkland (Joel Fabiani) during the fight. After the first round of the fight there was a riot and the defense minister was shot. The responsibility for this is blamed on Dunne. Santoro therefore takes up the investigation himself, because he suspects a conspiracy behind the attack.
An artful film with great performances and a poor script
Brian De Palma's opening scene in particular caused enthusiasm. The over 12-minute sequence gives the audience an exact idea of the boxing arena and the main character Rick Santoro. In addition, the geography of the hall, which is important for the plot, is conveyed using the images. The acting performance, especially by Nicolas Cage, also attracted attention.
The criticism, however, lingered on the supposedly weak script. The famous critic Roger Ebert saw the great disappointment in the final third of the film:
At first slowly, then with astonishing speed the film falls apart. He has the ingredients of a good thriller and De Palma still has a few aces up his sleeve, but it's a downward spiral.
The question arises as to whether the criticism lingered too much on the plot and overlooked the great craft of the director. Tonight you can convince yourself otherwise.
- Today on TV: Game on time
- Channel: Cable one
- Time: 11:05 p.m.
Will you give Brian De Palma's game a chance for a while?
- What inspired Michael Dell to found Dell
- How should the internet be regulated?
- May cause disease microorganisms
- Should I tattoo my eyebrows semi-permanently
- What is UnCon
- Why do I find love irritating
- Which brand of lipstick is good for women
- Is furnishing a house an argumentative experience?
- What is a relaxation and pampering spa
- Is SV University better than KLU
- Causes premature ejaculation in premature babies
- What is rate
- Who is Vashistha Narayan Singh
- Is Ghana a safe country for Canadians
- Why does Mexico not have a Vice President?
- Are photon energies preserved in the general theory of relativity
- Coolsculpting Los Angeles
- What do UW students think of ducks?
- What's hot now in complexity science
- How are Kazakhstan's relations with Russia?
- How has science strengthened our daily life
- Why not smart people share their knowledge
- Is meditation a form of entertainment
- How do I avoid acid
- Which is the sickest civilized society
- What are the scaffolds in selenium
- What do you do to be patient?
- What is association and causality
- Why do we gain weight after 40
- How can I improve my artist sketches
- Where can I find the URL record
- What is the equity value
- Have problems with the task