How many digits are in 10,000
Place value table (also large numbers)
We will deal with the place value table and entering small and large numbers in it in the following sections. This content is offered:
- A Explanationwhat a status table is.
- It will Examples presented with numbers.
- It will tasks or. Exercises offered, with sample solutions.
- A Video, which shows you how to deal with a value board.
- A Question and answer area with typical questions on this topic.
The place value table is often dealt with in grade 3, grade 4 and sometimes also in grade 5 in the area of mathematics. However, in order to be able to understand this well, one should already have a few basics of mathematics. You should therefore master simple plus and minus tasks as well as number pyramids. We cover the basics for the place value table in the article units, tens and hundreds.
Significance table explanation: Grade 3 to Grade 5
Do you already know the numbers up to 100? No, then please edit the article units, tens and hundreds first and only then continue reading here. Because now let's see what happens when the numbers get even bigger. To do this, we first append 100 more zeros and see what these numbers are called:
- 100 = one hundred
- 1000 = one thousand
- 10000 = ten thousand
- 100000 = one hundred thousand
- 1000000 = one million
As you can see it becomes very confusing with more and more zeros. Therefore, a slightly different notation is often used for the numbers, either with spaces after three zeros (from the back) or with dots after three zeros (from the back).
- 100 stays
- 1,000 or 1,000
- 10,000 or 10,000
- 100,000 or 100,000
- 1,000,000 or 1,000,000
In Germany, the point is used to separate three places. In other countries like the US, it's the comma. Since we are increasingly using content from the USA in Germany, the English spelling with a comma to separate three digits sometimes also appears in German texts.
Such numbers can also be entered on a place value table. You start with the ones digit, which is the numbers from 0 to 9. Before that comes the tens digit, which is also used for numbers from 10 to 99. The hundreds digit is also required from 100 to 999. This is followed by the thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and the million. For the numbers from above, it looks like this:
Place value table examples
Let's just look at a few examples. First of all, it is about entering numbers on a place value table. Big numbers too.
The following numbers should be entered in a place value table: 86,875, 45,787, 103,787, 1,456,798, 12,478, 5,454.
Solution: We enter the numbers on the place value table. The last digit is the ones digit, then the number is written to the front. One place per box.
What are the following numbers?
- 2 T + 3 H + 5 Z + 3 E
- 4 ZT + 8 H + 2 Z + 1 E
- 1 M + 1 HT + 3 Z + 9 E.
- 3 HT + 6 T + 9 Z +1 E
Solution: We enter this in the place value table. In between must be filled with zeros.
Place value board: tasks and exercisesShow:
Position board videos
Examples and explanations
In the next video you can see what a place table is and how to enter these numbers.
Next video »
Significance board: questions and answers
In this area we look at typical questions on the topic of the value board with the corresponding answers.
Q: Are there any books or software that deal with this topic?
A: Yes there is. For example "My big training book maths 2nd class" from Klett-Verlag.
- How technically advanced is GPS
- What is an age
- Is Minecraft TLauncher Safe?
- How are the bakeries in Sydney
- Is any wood good for grilling?
- Skinny guys are a thriving population group
- What are the uses of Dopler effects
- Goes safely into BIOS mode
- How do you manage your cap table
- Who left IISC for IOCL
- What is a credit card transfer fee
- Does India need a two-child policy?
- How is cyanotoxin used as medicine
- Do you like Karna Mahabharat
- What is induced drag 1
- Will Shopify continue to grow
- What are containers in the cloud
- Is digital marketing fundamentally unethical
- What is delta in geography
- What are mind-blowing facts about CA.
- Is NICMAR really worth it in college
- What does the price of bloodshed mean
- What should everyone know about Michigan
- Find the Soviet flag offensive