How fast is a 2000 Ford Mustang
The Ford Mustang sports car has been built since 1964. It was originally planned as a sporty and inexpensive car for the young target group. But it has long been one of the American cult cars, alongside the Corvette from Chevrolet. For many people it is even more than a car: the Ford Mustang is and was a legend - for more than half a century.
The Ford Mustang is the founder of the so-called pony cars. This term goes back to "Mustang" as a name for horses and the corresponding form: "long hood, short deck" - long bonnet and short deck. Since other companies in Germany had already secured the term Mustang for trucks and mopeds, it was sold in this country under the name T5.
The hot stallions have been around for 6 generations
The Ford Mustang I (1964–1973) was available in 4 versions, each with a model year apart. The Ford Falcon provided the technical basis. The Mustang was very successful right from the start: Ford sold almost 700,000 vehicles in its first year.
Hot-blooded, cheap and extravagant - the Ford Mustang
It was certainly due to several factors that the Ford Mustang sold so successfully:
- At the low price: The original Mustang was available from US $ 2,368, which is around US $ 18,000 when adjusted for inflation
- The wide range of additional extras and equipment packages
- In an extraordinary advertising campaign
The first generation of the Ford Mustang was designed in the affordable six-cylinder version with a constantly growing body. A V8 engine with 270 hp was also available. From 1965 onwards, the Shelby Mustang special models were built, named after the former racing driver and entrepreneur Carroll Shelby. They were originally intended for racing. But in the second generation, from 1967, they were also available to anyone who loves the 300 to 400 hp versions.
The second generation: small and fine
For the Ford Mustang II (1973–1978), a 35 cm shorter, more compact body was considered. The Mustang II was offered as a coupe with a hatchback or notchback, four- and six-cylinder engines. This was also followed by a V8 engine and other equipment packages.
A bestseller also in the third generation
The basis for the Mustang III (1979-1993) was provided by the Ford Fairmont. Ford first designed a notchback coupe with two doors and a three-door hatchback coupe. In 1983 there was a sleek convertible. Up to 1993 a total of over 2.5 million vehicles were produced.
Modernizations for the 30th birthday
After 30 years of production, the Ford Mustang went into a new, fourth generation (1994-2004). The two-door coupés and convertibles shone in a basic version with a 3.8-liter V6 engine and 147 hp, a V8-engined GT variant with 218 hp and a Cobra version. All on a Fox 4 platform with a rigid rear axle. The performance of the engines grew steadily.
Return to the retro roots
With the Ford Mustang V (2004–2014), people went back to the retro design of the late 1960s. It was combined with a technically newly developed, modern vehicle.
The fifth generation presented itself in a completely new style with the body versions Coupé and Cabriolet. However, these models were manufactured by AutoAlliance International and no longer by Ford.
Hot stallions - now also officially in Germany
The Mustang VI (since 2014) has also been officially available from Ford dealers in Germany since 2015. In the first year of sales, over 5,000 vehicles galloped on Germany's roads. Neither the Porsche Boxster nor the Cayman could keep up with these numbers.
The high-horsepower sports cars are available as coupés and convertibles. They are motorized with a four-cylinder turbo or a five-liter vacuum cleaner.
Ford Mustang prices and road tax
The basic price for a Ford Mustang Fastback Coupé V8 is a low 45,000 €. This means that it is priced without competition for a sports car with a little more than 400 hp. In terms of running costs, however, there is a high fuel consumption of 11.7 l / 100 km. Even with the vehicle tax, a whopping € 508 is due per year.
The Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 has even more to book: At 666 € it is not only expensive in terms of annual maintenance. The purchase price of a new car is already over € 70,000.
You have to shell out less than half for a Ford Mustang Coupé 2.3 Ecoboost: € 254, so not even € 22 a month.
|kW / cubic capacity in cm³||Emission group||Road tax p. a.|
|Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500||368/5.407||5 euro||666 €|
|Ford Mustang Fastback Coupe 5.0 Ti-VCT V8||310/4.951||Euro 6||508 €|
|Ford Mustang Coupé 2.3 Ecoboost (from 2017)||213/2.261||Euro 6||254 €|
|Ford Mustang V6||154/3.700||Euro 6||472 €|
Tip: You can find affordable car insurance for the model of your choice from us. Good ride!
Is your Ford Mustang not listed in the table?
Use the ERGO vehicle tax calculator. This allows you to quickly and easily calculate the tax rate for your desired model yourself. A few details are enough. Your tax rate will be displayed to you.
Tax and insurance vary widely
Both car tax and car insurance vary widely depending on the model and the characteristics of the policyholder. Therefore, both values should be calculated individually.
> Calculate your contribution now
You might also be interested in
- Which survey websites do you pay for reviews
- What if Goten were never born?
- Can easily destroy modern combat helicopter tanks
- Program the new literacy
- You can use miracles to grow on vegetables
- Can religion be viewed as a technology
- Sensei from Doraemon is a villain
- What is the quaternary structure of proteins
- What are the top SMS service providers
- What could get me excited about mathematics?
- Does Indian foreign policy work 1
- Is an MBA necessary to become a consultant?
- High buildings benefit more from solar
- Believe libertarians in adoption laws
- What is mana loa
- Is age a factor in rapid ejaculators?
- Which college is better Lakshmibai or Satyawati
- How do grants work
- Uses Windows 10 qt or gtk +
- Central vacuum cleaners are expensive in Hungary
- Which pharmacy discount plans do you recommend
- How many acres is 990 square feet
- What about Mumbai will surprise you
- South Germans look like Spaniards
- Is gender-neutral educational propaganda
- What is autobiographical literature
- Is an MBA necessary to become a consultant?
- What is meant by blue police tape
- What is centrifugal force and centripital force
- How to use rhetoric in a sentence
- What are the properties of corn egg
- What is a sundial
- Who invented acrostic