What are some interesting facts about sharks
Sharks are Cartilaginous fish. The cartilaginous fish belong three types:
Sharks (approx. 500 species)
Rays (approx. 600 species)
Sea cats (approx. 34 species)
So are about 4% of the fish species living today cartilaginous fish. What is special about cartilaginous fish is that they no bones- rather a cartilage skeleton to have. So sharks also have a cartilage skeleton. Heavy bones would make the shark sink since it passed over no swim bladder disposes like fish.
25 to 10 million years ago there was a great super shark, the so-called one Megalodon. Its jaw was the size of two small children and its teeth at least four times larger than the great white shark's.
Not all sharks are predators, there are also peaceful giants such as the whale shark or the basking shark - they eat plankton. (Whale sharks prefer to be in a vertical position.)
The biggest shark is that Whale shark. It feeds on plankton.
Sharks are found in all oceans, also in the Mediterranean. Even the largest specimens can be found there.
Yearly are officially over 100 million sharks killed. The number of unreported cases is significantly higher.
Hong Kong is the main trading center for shark "fish" fins. In 1995 approx. 6,100 tons imported dried shark fins.
Great white sharks roll when attacking Your eyesinsideto protect them.
Most shark "attacks" happen in the waist-deep water, because the sharks don't have that much chance of evasion there.
Most shark attacks take place from October to December instead of. We still don't know why this is so (or we haven't found it ...)
Most shark "attacks" happen in the USA, Australia and Africa.
3/4 of all shark "attacks" apply Surfers, not swimmers.
Newspaper articles always report heroic rescues through targeted beating on the nose. Although many nerve tracts converge in the shark's nose, the nose is known to be located much closer to the teeth. It's a lot more efficient to hit the gills (if you can get that far) or approaching the gills rather than the nose, because when sharks fight each other, they attack each other's gills. Just one movement of water into this region is enough to turn the shark off.
Shark skin is so rough that you look at it violate can. Most wounds do not come from the shark's razor-sharp teeth, but from its skin.
The shark skin effect and the lotus effect are among the best known findings in bionics.
Most sharks have color vision!
Sharks can perceive electric fields and use the earth's magnetic field for orientation.
- How can I beat someone in poker
- Where is the best spicy food in Manila
- Can social media mess up a career
- Is it possible to have brotherly triplets?
- What shows up in the urine test
- If 2x 66 0 what does x
- Is the Deep Net Dream market reliable
- Are people the same
- Which are the top real estate portals
- Will changing modems stop a hacker?
- What kind of insects do plants help
- What is the Android equivalent of iTunes
- Hangover Can Help Cure Your Hangover
- Why are there different mantras
- When can an Indian study abroad?
- How is flux created in a coil
- Which are the famous marketplaces in Firozabad
- Are license plate covers legal
- How much does the 2 pence cost in 1971
- What are circular packings in mathematics
- Are women better teachers than men?
- What is Spot Market in Forex Trading
- How does the ability to write improve
- Cockatiels are domesticated