Are the sun and moon planets
Our solar system: planets at a glance
Our solar system in space
Our solar system consists of the sun, its eight planets and their moons, the dwarf planets and millions of small bodies such as asteroids and comets. They all revolve around the sun.
In order to be able to remember the names and the correct order of the planets at a distance from the sun, there is the following phrase:M.a V.ater eclarifies mir jEden S.monday uurens Nachthimmel. "The first letters of every word are also the first letters of the eight planets (see picture above).
However, our solar system is not the only solar system in space. On the contrary: There are billions of other solar systems whose planets in turn revolve around other suns.
Our solar system is about 4.57 billion years old and was created by the collapse of a huge hydrogen cloud. In the following text we give you an overview of the planets in our solar system.
Planets: colored marbles in the solar system
Eight planets move around the sun in our solar system. Their sizes and distances are only indicated here - in reality the giant planets Saturn and Jupiter have about ten times the diameter of the earth, the sun is more than 100 times.
- Diameter: 1,400,000 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: –
- Dimensions: 333,000 earth masses *
- Orbital time: –
- Moons: 0
- Records: The sun is 5500 degrees hot at the surface and 15 million degrees at its core. It is 750 times as heavy as all the planets combined and could take up the earth a million times. During strong eruptions, it hurls up to ten billion tons of gas into space.
* Mass: a property of every body that influences, for example, its attraction. Your unit is the kilogram.
- Diameter: 4879 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 57.9 million kilometers
- Dimensions: 0.055 earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 88 earth days
- Moons: 0
- Records: On the smallest planet in our solar system, there are the greatest temperature differences between day and night: over 500 degrees! Also curious: Mercury is slowly shrinking because it has a large iron core that contracts.
- Diameter: 12,104 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 108.2 million kilometers
- Dimensions:0.815 earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 225 earth days
- Moons: 0
- Records: Probably the most infernal planet: Due to the dense atmosphere of carbon dioxide, the temperatures on Venus rise to 460 degrees during the day. Rain of caustic sulfuric acid falls from thick clouds, and the ground is littered with volcanoes.
- Diameter: 12,756 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 149.6 million kilometers
- Dimensions:1 earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 365 earth days
- Moons: 1
- Records: The earth is the only planet that has life. There is also solid, liquid and gaseous water and sometimes a spectacular solar eclipse in which the sun disappears exactly behind the moon.
- Diameter: 6794 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 227.9 million kilometers
- Dimensions:0.107 earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 687 earth days
- Moons: 2
- Records: The 27 kilometers high Mons Olympus is the highest mountain in the solar system, the more than eight kilometers deep Valles Marineris on Mars are the largest rift system. Also extreme: tornado-like dust vortices one kilometer in diameter.
- Diameter: 142,984 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 779 million kilometers
- Dimensions:317.8 Earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 11.9 earth years
- Moons: at least 63
- Records: The largest planet has the shortest days (9.8 hours) and the longest-lived storm - its Great Red Spot (bottom right) has been swirling for 340 years! In addition, Jupiter probably has the most moons and the largest with Ganymede.
- Diameter: 120,536 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 1,433 million kilometers
- Dimensions:95.2 Earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 29.5 earth years
- Moons: at least 61
- Records: Saturn has a unique ring system and the largest ice spheres: some of Saturn's moons consist entirely of frozen water. Lightning on Saturn is a million times stronger than on Earth and up to 100 meters wide.
- Diameter: 51,118 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 2,871 million kilometers
- Dimensions:14.5 earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 83.8 earth years
- Moons: 27
- Records: Unusual seasons: Because Uranus' north pole points to the sun, it stays light there for around 40 years in summer. Maybe it rains diamonds too. Researchers believe the stones could form in the atmosphere from methane gas.
- Diameter: 49,528 kilometers
- Distance to the sun: 4,495 million kilometers
- Dimensions:17.1 Earth masses
- Orbital time (around the sun): 163.8 earth years
- Moons: 13
- Records: Nobody is further from the sun. But even the strongest storms sweep over Neptune, with gusts of over 2,000 kilometers per hour. Also great: the ice volcanoes on the moon Triton. They spit out nitrogen at a temperature of minus 220 degrees.
- What was the biggest Ferrari scandal?
- How can I clean 3D printing materials
- Why are 10 100 switches still being manufactured?
- Is plastic surgery okay
- Burns fat while on a diet
- How do I get a free Artificial Intelligence course
- Why do viral bacteria make us sick
- Handyman Why do people install carpets
- Would you invest in Halliburton stock
- Who are famous people from Abilene Texas
- Are SoundCloud audio files protected by copyright
- Light can travel more slowly than sound
- What is staph infection
- What are the disadvantages of mixed farming
- What is the reality of Dasam Granth
- Is the ESIC Medical College in Faridabad recognized
- What is agile in startups
- Can you die from an infection
- How can I get a networking internship
- What is the meaning of life for you
- What is Thunderquote
- What is the purpose of space exploration
- Is Welingkars registered with WES
- When and how was Princess Peach created