What makes a poem political
must assume that political poems want to make a difference. That's why she plays appellative function language plays a dominant role, and in addition to the aesthetic aspects, it is above all the Communication situation to consider closely: the relationships between the historical location, the intention of the author in choosing the subject (themes) and the desired effect can be opened up through specific questions: According to the so-called Lasswell formula (named after the political scientist Lasswell), the following applies: "A convenient way to describe an act of communication is to answer the following questions: Who says what in which channel to whom with what effect? " This means in detail:
|(external text factors)||(text-immanent factors)||(external text factors)|
|Who||says what||in which channel||to whom||with what effect|
|Author, broadcaster||Message, statement||Channel, medium||Recipient, addressee||Reception history|
Questions to political poems:
- Who is the speaker and who is the intended addressee?
- What historical and political situation are the speaker and addressee in?
- Which social and political situation does the poem explicitly or implicitly refer to?
- In what way and where does the speaker address the readers?
- What is the subject of the poem?
- What actual or supposed attitude does the speaker have on the topic?
- What attitude is required or aimed for in the current reader?
- Which means of expression and design does the author use? Are there more forms of direct speaking (calling, criticizing, etc.) or indirect saying (e.g. through types of irony, satire, caricature).
Observation grid for shape interpretation
Speech situation, intention, effect:
- Salutation, we-form, first-person form, role poem
- Awakening or strengthening of feelings
- Call for criticism and action (direct or indirect)
- Attack, ridicule, satire, irony
Language and sound image
© Schöning Verlag, Blickfeld German
- Is there a flaw in my ear
- How does the bounce rate affect SEO
- What is the foreground
- How do I get tailor-made gift boxes
- How is the Nitie MBA program
- What are all the top 20 smartphones
- Why do you feel good when you dance?
- Is micromanagement actually effective
- Why was Sweden poor 150 years ago?
- David Bowie was a musical genius
- Do the lucky what you love
- How to make fresh cream
- In which unit is the density measured?
- Are these sneakers fashionable
- What has built up your body image
- Why are Koreans so thin
- What are some examples of material culture
- How has mythology influenced modern society
- Every country is a nation of laws
- Why is RCB called the Chokers
- What is the difference between a merchandiser and an entrepreneur
- What is interventional cardiology
- Sticky notes cannot be made sticky
- How do you achieve wellness