Where is every gym of fame
The history of the town of Roudnice nad Labem
The beginning of the first settlement in the area of today's town of Roudnice nad Labem (195 meters above sea level, 13,800 inhabitants) can be assumed to be prehistoric based on archaeological finds. The fact is that at the beginning of the 10th century the market settlement of Rúdnice or Rudenice and a primitive guardian fort existed at the river ford of the important trade route that led from Horní Lužnice into the interior of Bohemia. The name of the settlement was derived from a source of mineral water of red color, which flows out near the church to this day. The first development took place on the left bank of the river Elbe under the western and eastern tongue. Like every other town, Roudnice nad Labem went through historically significant times in the course of its existence, after which stagnation followed. The period of fame is short, but it is still a guideline for the historical axis, while the crisis years are a warning.
The first written reports come from the rather late times, from the years 1167 and 1176. Witnesses of the transfer of property are mentioned. Roudnice nad Labem became the realm of the Prague bishops (later Arcibishops) and a place of building interests and frequent stays. A stone castle was built on the eastern headland at the turn of the 12th and 13th centuries. After the Prague Castle, it became the second world building in the Czech Principality.
The real development began in the 14th century, in the time of the Prague bishop Jan IV of Dražice, who had the church of St. Václav (Wenceslaus) built near the Elbe under the castle. After Jan's return from Dražice from the papal court around 1333, the grounds for the construction of a monastery and church - the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary - and the construction of Spittels near the church of St. Wenceslas under the castle were located. A stone bridge was also built over the Elbe. This bridge over the Elbe was one of the largest Czech Gothic bridges and helped the city's trade and transportation growth. At that time, the Italian poet Petrarch came to visit this city. 1378 founded the Arcibishop Jan Očko von Vlašim so-called. New town of Roudnice. At this time the Emperor and King Charles IV also came to visit. The decline of the city began during the times of the Kelchner riots. On the way to Litomeřice, the arms of Jan Žižka destroyed the monastery and burned the town down. After 1430 the city was in the hands of secular feudals. Even the efforts of the mayor and the city council did not have a positive effect, they wanted to confirm expanded judicial and civic competences after the death of Jan Smiřický (1453).
The second important epoch began with an entry from Lobkowiczen, after the marriage of Polyxena from Perštejn and Vilem from Rožmberk in 1587. Vilem got the town of Roudnice in 1577 and took it as an important place of his rule from Rožmberk. Thanks to Lobkowiczen, ponds and famous vineyards were built in Podřipsko. He brought it up using the latest economic methods, on which the specialist Jakub Krčín from Jelčany worked, and structural changes were also made. During the tenure of Zdeněk Vojtěch Popela von Lobkovicz, the highest chancellor of the Czech kingdom, who married Polyxena in 1603), work in both directions intensified. The monastery and the church of the Capuchins were completed in 1628. The Augustinian monastery and St. Wenceslas Church were reconstructed. In his prime, Eusebius von Lobkowicz had an early baroque complex of the four-wing castle built on the site of the burger area in 1652-1684. In this a gallery of excellent quality took place, as well as a library, an archive, music and valuable castle furniture. A country house, a riding stables, a brewery were built, orchards and parks were built, a project for a bridge was worked on because the Gothic bridge had been destroyed in the Thirty Years War. At the end of the Thirty Years War only 22 habitable houses remained. At the end of the 17th century, the first workshops, such as a dye works and a laundry, were built. In the largest workshop, 320 spinners worked on hand spinning wheels. At this time a great Germanization of Podřipsko began. In the economic prosperity the townspeople also got richer, so it was possible to observe beautiful houses with the town hall in their foreheads at the end of the baroque era, whole in the renaissance style. At that time the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which had been destroyed by fire, was repaired, the Chapel of Saint Vilém in 1726, Saint Rozálie in 1718-1726, Spittelskapelle Saint Joseph in 1767-1777 and a bell tower in 1715 , which stands above the 15th century tower. Dynamic industrial development in the 19th century brought with it various sacrifices. During the construction of a railway (1847-1850), the St. Wenceslas Church (of the Virgin Mary of Loretan) was torn down. When the city expanded, the city ramparts and the entrance gates were destroyed. The revolutionary events in 1848 also had an impact on Podřipsko. The largest event was manifestation on Říp, with 20,000 people taking part.
Liberation came on May 10, 1945 when the Red Army entered the city. This marked the beginning of a new period in the history of the town of Roudnice nad Labem. In 1950 the cultural tradition of the Lobkovicz House ended. In 1960 Roudnice nad Labem lost its administrative role and the district exclusion was dissolved. A large settlement, a new hospital with a polyclinic and several sports areas were built.
Roudnice nad Labem is a town that has always held an important position in the history of the state. Hopefully it will continue in the 21st century: Roudnice nad Labem est une ville qui tenait toujours une place importante à l’histoire de l’état, donc elle la tiendra peut-être au 21.siècle.
THE MOUNTAIN ŘÍPThe solitary and dominant basalt heap (456 meters above sea level) has a characteristic bell shape, as this heap can be seen from a great distance in the flat area around Říp. The memorable mountain has its place in Czech mythology. The legend about the arrival of the forefather Čech (Czech) was processed by the chronicle writer Kosmas before 1125, later in 1894 by Alois Jirásek in the old Czech sagas. At the top of the mountain is the ancient rotunda of St. Jiří with a tower. This rotunda was consecrated again in 1126 as a reminder of the victory of Prince Soběslav I. Over the German King Lothar III. Říp is the famous place of pilgrimage and Tiel of the camp. The first big ascent on Říp was led by M.Tyrš on April 27, 1862. The big celebration was in 1868, when one of the cornerstones of the National Theater was lifted. Říp is interesting because of the large amount of iron in the stone, which causes a compass deviation from north. The mountain slopes remained bare for centuries and it was not until the 19th century that they were researched. That is why you can only observe the landscape from the views of Mělnická, Pražská and Roudnická.
- How can I get paranoia
- Where should I not use a smartphone?
- Reading is just enough to improve English
- Money is important around you
- What kind of mineral is pyrite
- Are buffalo wings made from baby chicken
- How to make swirls in Photoshop
- What will happen to financial crises
- What does egg-like really mean
- What is the best advice for financial planning
- What payment of the primary school teacher
- What is a death poem
- What problems did Michael Jordan overcome
- Prefers an Indian fellatio
- What monkey has a red bottom?
- Who was Captain John H Miller
- Is it worth paying money to MyTechmag
- What is human cloning
- What is the political environment of marketing
- Has the Bitcoin bubble burst completely?
- How can Ireland restore its economy
- Which people get depressed very quickly
- What is taxpayer nationalism
- How important is observation in life