Who is Steph Curry
NBA: Stephen Curry can break the Jordan record: "... then magical things happen"
Stephen Curry shot the Golden State Warriors to their next victory with 49 points in just 29 minutes. The chef sank eleven threes and retains the lead in the battle for the scoring crown. Warriors coach Steve Kerr is slowly running out of superlatives. Michael Jordan’s record is also shaky.
The Warriors still need a win to secure the play-in tournament. Very few people doubt that this will succeed, also because Stephen Curry is still in the form of his life. The 33-year-old gave the Oklahoma City Thunder (136: 97) 49 points (14/26 FG, 11/21 threes) in 29 minutes, Golden State is now eighth in the Western Conference with a balance of 35-33. Click here for the table.
"It seems like he's spectacular every night, but today he outdid himself. He was really spectacular," said Kerr, who has been watching the two-time MVP from the sidelines for almost seven years. "I don't know how to describe it, but when it overheated in the third quarter, you could hear all 4,000 fans waiting for the ball to go through the trap. It's unbelievable."
Curry wasn't just hot in the third quarter, but right from the start. After just twelve minutes, the guard had 24 points and five three-pointers, in the third section Curry pushed five more distance throws for 22 points. After that it was time to go, after all the Warriors were already leading with 39 points at this point.
Most points in a maximum of 30 minutes
Stephen Curry chases Michael Jordan
"His skills are just as great as his confidence, then magical things can happen," Kerr said. For Curry it was the tenth game with at least 40 points and the seventh with at least ten converted three-pointers. With an average of 31.9 points per game, Curry leads the league in scoring, even if Bradley Beal (31.4) does not give up.
A few hours earlier, the Wizards' shooting guard had presented furiously with 50 counters, and Curry did not miss it either. "Of course I noticed," admitted the Warriors star, who actually has his second scoring crown since 2016 in his sights. Curry needed 22 points against OKC to defend the lead, which he already had in the first quarter.
Should Curry actually assert himself, he would be the oldest scoring champion since Michael Jordan in the 1997/98 season. His Airness won at the age of 35 and, two years earlier, became the first player in history to score an average of 30 points when he was at least 33 (30.4 PPG at the time). Curry should easily jump this bar, he only needs 33 points if he is used in each of the last four games.
- What is NADPH in the Calvin cycle
- Katy Perry graduated from high school
- What are some of the typical Oakland dishes
- What is a rating system for ghee
- Is listenonrepeat com a legal site
- What is a very South African problem
- UCLA is a good school
- How can I get a virtual mentor
- Which is a translator in C programming
- Everyone sees the same Pokemon
- How should the internet be regulated?
- What does Yada Yada
- What led to the Battle of Cowpens
- Is it there is not or there is not
- What are the latest technologies in aviation
- How do we suppress source ethics
- Can North Korean civilians use the internet
- What replaces the google inbox
- How can I thaw credit
- Limits of knowledge in philosophy
- Who is your role model and why
- What is stable equilibrium
- Which material conducts heat the least?
- Will Atari go bankrupt again in 2016
- What is the synonym for facsimile
- Why are there no shortcuts to success?
- What is the equity value
- Did NWA kill someone
- Open-carry laws apply in churches
- Why does Mexico not have a Vice President?
- Why isn't email dead yet
- How many North Koreans live in Mexico
- Is Pinterest useful for B2C marketing