Why does Jframe Java not work in Eclipse
Eclipse: Programming Java GUI - this is how it works
Programming a GUI with Java in Eclipse is difficult for many beginners. We will give you tips and show you how to give your program a face.
Eclipse: Create a GUI project
GUI stands for Graphical User Interface and means the graphical user interface of a program such as buttons, text fields and other elements. Read here how to start a suitable project in Eclipse:
- Open Eclipse (Version: Kepler Service Release 2) and click under "File" on "New" and then on "Java Project". Give your project a suitable name and click "Finish".
- Open your new project via the Package Explorer. Now click on "Create new visual classes" in the upper action bar. Hover your mouse over Swing and click JFrame. A new window opens, here you enter the name of the class.
- You have now created a "Visual Class" and can continue editing it.
Java GUI: change design
After you have created the "Visual Class", you can proceed with the design of your program:
- To do this, click on "Design" in the Eclipse editor.
- You will now see a classic window that you can equip with individual elements. For example, under "Components" you will find the "JButton".
- Click on any element and drag it into the program window. Note: With "Absolute layout" you can arrange the elements freely in the window.
- Give the elements unique names such as "btn1" for the first button. Caution: Do not confuse the name ("Variable") with the label ("Text").
Java programming: adding interaction
Let's assume you now have 2 text fields and a button. In text field 1 (here "txt1") you enter a number that is to be multiplied by 2. The result is output in text field 2 (here "txt2").
- Double click on your button (here "btn1"). You are now back in the editor.
- With the method "getText ()" you can read the input from the first text field. Since you need an integer data type, convert the string data type with "Integer.parseInt".
- Now assign the read-in value to the variable "a" and multiply it by 2.
- Finally, we output the result (variable "b") in text field 2. To do this, we use the "setText ()" method.
CHIP job market
In our CHIP job market you will find thousands of current jobs in the digital world. Whether as a software developer or marketing expert, at Microsoft or Amazon - we cover the entire breadth of the German tech world. And if you want to start one of these jobs as a career changer, distance learning is worthwhile. Request an information brochure here about the current distance learning courses from ILS, Germany's largest distance learning school.
If you want to learn more about Java, you will find a tutorial on the While and For loops in our practical tip.
- Which food contains taurine for cats
- What can we learn from 4chan
- Why don't some Blackpink fans like Jisoo?
- What is end-to-end user experience
- Cheats Paytm its customers
- Who Owns the Wells Fargo Banks
- Says all men are trash sexists
- Bitcoin will reach 15,000 by Christmas
- What is the former shape of the lough
- What language do they speak in Benin
- Why is extortion unethical
- How do you start manufacturing
- What is the cube root of 344472101
- Is electricity a fossil fuel?
- What are other drugs similar to Modafinil
- How is Evernotes growing from 2015
- Are you free from religious teaching
- What is meant by web offset printing
- How often is Hummingbird updated in SEO
- First nights of the Indian honeymoon
- Martin Luther King Jr. had siblings
- Why do police officers drive bumpers so often?
- How much does child support cost in China
- What is Skycliffer Technologies