What does Alibaba have that Amazon doesn't have
Alibaba vs. Amazon: That's how powerful the Chinese online retail empire is
According to YouGov, two out of five people in this country can relate to the term Alibaba. However, very few people know about the dimensions of the largest Chinese e-commerce player. The group of companies is now contrasting Amazon with an infographic to enable a specific comparison.
Alibaba is still largely unknown in Germany
There are a total of 12 brands behind the Alibaba Group. AliExpress, a B2C online shop, is also active in Germany, for example. One reason why many of these are not yet known is probably the relatively long delivery time. Goods from China arrive more slowly than local ones. The group is also already represented in the German market with Alipay. For example, Rossmann customers have been able to pay for their purchases with the Chinese version of PayPal since last spring. Most of the other companies that Alibaba unites are within their reach in Asia. But the giant's urge to expand is great and one should be prepared for other brands to conquer international markets. China Gadgets has therefore taken the trouble to create an extensive infographic from a number of sources in order to get an idea of the group of companies.
First of all, it should be noted that the comparison with Amazon lags a bit. Alibaba is more of a platform for B2B, while Amazon of course does classic B2C business with its own warehouses. But otherwise there is simply nothing comparable with such dimensions. In particular, the so-called Singles ‘Day on November 11th. one year can illustrate the extent of online commerce in China. In 2009, Alibaba started making this date a day of action. The ones symbolize the single people who are supposed to give themselves presents on Singles ‘Day - and they do. On November 11, 2016, the campaign flushed 15.1 billion euros into the coffers of dealers on Alibaba.com. Last Singles ‘Day, Alibaba reported sales of 22 billion euros. By way of comparison: in 2016, the entire US retail sector totaled 7.11 billion euros on Cyber Monday, Black Friday, Thanksgiving and Prime Day.
Infographic: Clear the ring for the big players in e-commerce
The graphic gives an overview of a variety of topics:
- most important shopping days with sales and orders
- Information about the founders
- Breakdown of the corporate network of the Alibaba Group and the respective counterparts
- Comparison of sales and profit
- Number of employees
- Revenue generated from advertising
- E-Commerce Markets in International Comparison
- User numbers on the platforms
- Company stock values
- as a bonus: fun facts
You can find the infographic in higher resolution as a PDF at China Gadgets.
70 percent of all online shop visitors in Germany ultimately drop out. This whitepaper shows how you can use three-dimensional analysis to get them to convert - and increase sales.
Download the white paper now
Anton Priebe was active at OnlineMarketing.de from 2013 to 2019. As editor-in-chief, the studied German studies and sociologist focused on technology, creative marketing strategies, conversion optimization and SEO.
- How does a hypothesis become a theory?
- Panic attacks really have a cure
- Why do I keep having autoimmune symptoms?
- What are absolute quantities
- What two poster colors make yellow color
- Have the conditions at NIIT University improved
- Would you prefer to be over- or underclothed?
- Why is Pelosi angry about arms debates
- What is plasma concentration
- What are the best German SIM cards
- Yeast infections cause blisters
- What is the significance of the legal interpretation
- When should you write a resume
- Is there a blog for group discussions
- What is the Android equivalent of iTunes
- Does love have an evolutionary meaning?
- How did English clubs recapture European football
- Can scientists prove the existence of extraterrestrials?
- How does positive energy attract positive energy
- How do I turn compost into soil
- How do I test immunity in pathology
- Will Daenerys and Jon get together
- Why is gin considered a female drink
- What are the responsibilities after marriage