Why is Sargon from Akkad important
From Sargon to Hammurabi
Word soon got around that the Sumerians were very rich and that attracted other peoples to Mesopotamia. These included nomads who lived around 2340 BC. An empire with the Capital Akkad erected.
Sargon and the Empire of Akkad
The ruler of this empire was called Sargon of Akkad and from then on ruled all of Sumer. He also extended the empire to the neighboring regions of Mesopotamia. This is how the first great empire in history came into being. The Sumerians and the Nomads merged into one uniform Mesopotamian culture.
But the end of the Akkad Empire was approaching. Around 2200 BC It was dated Mountain people of the Guteans defeated and the Sumerian states regained power.
The III. Dynasty of Ur
Urnammu was a Sumerian king from the city of Ur in Mesopotamia. He founded the III. Dynasty of Ur. His most important work is "Codex Urnammu", the oldest known collection of laws.
We know about this collection because it was discovered on old clay tablet copies. The inscription contains information on criminal law, matrimonial and family law or also on cultivation of the fields.
Hammurabi and the Old Babylonian Empire
The people of Babylonians became more and more powerful. Their ruler was called King Hammurabi and he climbed in 1729 BC The throne. He subjugated the kingdoms of Larsa, Esnunna, Mari and Assyria and established this Old Babylonian Empire. Hammurabi ruled for 42 years, but after his death the empire fell apart and the city of Babylon suffered oppression and destruction.
Like the Ur dynasty, Hammurabi became famous for its legal texts, the Codex Hammurabi. Hammurabi's goal was that justice prevailed in the land and that the weak were not oppressed by the strong. The texts were carved in the Akkadian language on large stone steles and placed in various locations in the kingdom. The stone, which was broken into three parts, is now restored in the Louvre Museum in Paris.
- Open-carry laws apply in churches
- How can you become a better listener
- How does light affect CDs?
- Risk is a creation of the mind
- Why do apps sometimes break down?
- Why do washing machine doors lock
- Offer entry to educational fairs
- Is the space force real
- What is being done about homelessness
- Does the RSD method work
- How can ricochets be prevented
- You can count up to a trillion
- Why crowdfunding
- Will Theresa May's Brexit vote go through
- Which is the worst league in football
- What are the best laptops under 250
- When does Infosys recruit students on campus
- How can i download cqn cn videos
- Why don't we use nuclear missiles?
- How does your body heal after the operation
- Can Lyft take my luggage with me?
- What are some great books on globalization
- What is a newly appointed officer
- How can we improve risk identification