How do I add a FaceTime contact
Here's how to add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime
If you have an iPhone and a Mac or iPad, you can link your phone number to your iCloud account to send and receive calls and messages from the same number on both devices.
Add a new or existing number on iOS
You need to make sure your devices are signed in to the same iCloud account for all of the data to sync correctly.
The process is the same for all iOS devices, but you need to activate your existing number on your iPhone first. Open the Settings app on your phone.
Tap the News category.
Make sure you're signed in and iMessage is turned on. Scroll down and tap "Send & Receive".
You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID here in order to use it with iMessage. If so, please sign up.
After logging in, make sure that your phone number is checked under "You can receive iMessages and reply from there". If so, then you are all good to iMessage.
FaceTime has yet to be set up, however. Return to the main Settings window and tap FaceTime Settings.
Make sure you're using your Apple ID for FaceTime and enable your number under "You can be reached with FaceTime at."
After your iPhone shares its phone number, you can enable the same settings on your iPad or iPod Touch to sync messages between devices.
Add your phone number on macOS
After you've set up your phone, you're ready to move on to your Mac. Open Messages and you'll be asked to sign in if you've never used it before. Open Message Settings by pressing Command + Comma or by selecting Settings from the Messages drop-down list on the top menu bar.
If you've set up your phone correctly, your phone number should appear under "You can go to messages at". It's likely turned on by default.
This will send any iMessages sent to your phone number to your Mac. However, this does not apply to text messages. To do this, you need to activate SMS forwarding.
CONNECTED:Here's how to set up SMS forwarding on your Mac or iPad
The process is the same for FaceTime. Open FaceTime Settings and you will see the same window with a check box next to your phone number.
This connects your phone and Mac for FaceTime calls. However, if you want to receive cellular calls on your Mac, you'll need to turn call forwarding on.
CONNECTED:How to make and answer calls on your Mac
Remove a number
To remove a number, uncheck the box next to the number in the iMessage and FaceTime settings on the device you want to remove. In this way, you will no longer be able to receive future calls and texts on this device.
If you want to remove it from your iCloud account you will need to deactivate it from your iPhone. If you don't have the phone (for example, if you sold it without first erasing it, or if it was stolen), you can change your Apple ID password to force the phone to sign out. In case of a stolen phone, you can always wipe it remotely using Find My iPhone to solve the problem.
- Can animals live in several habitats?
- How invisible is a stealth fighter
- What month does winter start in Saskatchewan
- Who buys baby photo props
- Are there pyramids in Antarctica
- Is Namor deliberately written backwards in Roman
- Is autism considered particularly interesting
- Amputation is a disability
- What is the most complicated AI robot
- Who is the most daring Bollywood actress
- How many neutrons are in lead?
- Roundup causes kidney disease
- Why isn't Ethereum more volatile
- Why are deer considered royal?
- Why are deer considered royal?
- How do I get letters of recommendation
- How do I go through my iPhone
- Do woodpeckers get a headache
- Where do aircraft get fuel from?
- Which college is better Lakshmibai or Satyawati
- How is Thom Yorke personally
- What happens when the Quora credits expire
- Why didn't Logan win an Oscar?
- Why should Gmail market Gmail in China
- Why is sand called a fine aggregate
- What are the instruments in the membranophone
- Will we all meet again in heaven
- Does crying affect pregnancy
- What is goat cheese
- What are the alternatives to elections
- Tesla software updates are free
- Coconut oil makes our skin healthy
- What if Goten were never born?
- Can Pakistan protect itself from Indian nuclear weapons