A banshee is a ghost
Lament fairies, also called death fairies or banshees, are ghosts of mortal beings, mostly of humans or other humanoids (elves, dwarves, etc.).
It is said that to become a mourning fairy after death, one must die in a state of hatred and malice. The spirit of the deceased then wanders around in the mortal world and seeks the life of all other humanoids. It is not known whether that is the only requirement or whether the banshees exist outside of the legends at all.
It is also unclear why wailing fairies are always portrayed as ghosts of women in legends and horror stories. Perhaps, after death, hateful men become something other than a mourning fairy? Another kind of ghost or demon? Or is this curse reserved only for women for some reason?
The cry of the banshee
The most famous aspect of the banshee myths is the banshee scream. Wailing fairies are said to be able to utter such a bloodcurdling scream that most of the living die by just screaming.
Powerful archmages are said to be able to imitate this scream through an elaborate spell. But there is no known magician in Terravino who can do this.
- Are penny boards good
- What just happened in Maharashtrian politics
- Which animal breathes through the skin?
- What causes the piezoelectric effect
- Why did Christ die?
- How is lost wax casting made
- What is corn ethanol used for?
- What is ssh t
- Are license plate covers legal
- Why do cigars make you dizzy?
- Why do people have memories
- What is the importance of franchising
- Is NaCH3CO2 poisonous
- What are snipers doing
- How are the sizes of the beer labels determined
- Can a spouse be a trustee
- What is military modernization
- How electric subway works
- Breasts grow after 18 years
- Should abortion be a health problem
- What are the chemical compounds of ruthenium
- How do the Scottish Premier League games work
- How was your GATE 2019 ECE