What is the dialog used for?
What does "D" stand for in the name D-Day?
In the English-speaking world, D-Day is the key date of a larger, usually military, company. Tag "X" is a comparable German term. The abbreviation D-Day (just like H-Hour) has no specific meaning, except that it refers to the time of a major military operation. "D-Day" is also an abbreviation for Decision Day, Delivery Day, Deliverance Day, Doomsday or Debarkation Day, but this origin of the term is not certain.
As an alternative explanation, one often finds that D and H are simply repetitions of day and hour, respectively. The first proven use of the term can be found in the "Field Order Number 9, First Army, American Expeditionary Forces" of September 7, 1918 during World War I. There it says: "The First Army will attack at H hour on D day with the object of forcing the evacuation of the St. Mihiel Salient."
Presumably, this was initially only used as a placeholder for a certain day and time, although these have not yet been determined.
The quote can be found in the volume "Combat Orders" published in 1922 by the "General Service Schools" in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. For the first time, "D-Day" was used as a code for the day of a military operation in World War I. This D-Day was the assault by American troops on the German-occupied Lorraine city of Saint-Mihiel in September 1918.
In particular, the term D-Day is known today for June 6, 1944, when the landing of Allied troops in Normandy began.
The question was answered with the help of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia on the Internet.
- Scientifically, what should happen after death
- What is volumetric titration
- Who is good at animation and voices
- What is a help desk call center
- What's wrong with big lots
- Should Homejoy fear Amazon Home Services
- How do the people of Gurgaon survive
- How are tattoos viewed in Thailand
- What is the main function of management
- What is the solution to counter terrorism?
- What if boys had periods?
- How was IPMAT 2018
- How many people are on GetGlue
- How does good music sound
- Domesticated cats have an alpha
- Coolsculpting Los Angeles
- Who won the Daytona 500 in 2001
- What is UV microscopy
- How do laminate floors and tiles compare?
- How can I get 8+ in IELTS
- Does your child know you are bisexual
- Is BitcoInvest legitimate
- What is a student exchange
- Who was Hayagriva