What would the average language look like
What would the world look like if all the ice had melted
If we continue to burn fossil fuels almost indefinitely, global warming will eventually melt all the ice in the poles and mountaintops, raising sea levels by 216 feet.
Here you can see what the world's new coasts would look like. These animations first appeared in the September 2013 issue of National Geographic magazine. The maps show today's world, with only one difference: all the ice on land has melted and flowed into the seas. The sea level has risen 216 feet, creating new coastlines for the continents and inland seas.
Background: There are more than five million cubic miles (10,420 million cubic kilometers) of ice on Earth. Some scientists predict it would take more than 5,000 years to melt all of this. However, if we keep adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, we will very likely create an ice-free planet with an average temperature of perhaps 80 degrees Fahrenheit (26.7 ° C) instead of the current 58 (14.4 ° C).
In the animation you can see that some metropolises of Europe would disappear: Lisbon, Barcelona, Brussels, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Riga, Talin, St. Petersburg, Rome and Venice would disappear from the map. North America: The entire Atlantic coast, as well as Florida and the Gulf coast, would no longer exist. In California, the San Francisco Hills, a group of islands would emerge; the Central Valley would become a huge bay. The Gulf of California would stretch north, past the width of San Diego - without there being any more San Diego.
German Society for Solar Energy e.V. | National Geographic 2017
- How can we teach IELTS students to listen
- Is Boris Johnson a self-serving charlatan
- Who is AB6IX
- What are some Hadoop case studies
- What are your favorite slayer lyrics
- How often should women get mammograms?
- What martial art do you practice
- Why did I lose my learning skills
- Is the Brufen tablet helpful in treating folliculitis
- What is a snapchat filter
- Freeware has copyright restrictions
- What does pashmina mean
- Who are the engineers of an engineer
- What makes Marlon Brando great
- Are vegans afraid of animals
- How does blanched bacon taste
- How do I get bigger after 25
- What are some facts about tidal power
- What makes you sad about social media
- Are you a very loving person
- Why is viscosity an important property
- What is a hosted VoIP solution
- Why houses are white these days
- How can I deal with moods