A nickel is worth 5 cents
The technical data and packaging of the euro coins
Despite different backs: coins are valid in all EMU countries
The front of the euro coins is uniform across Europe and shows the value of the coins in large digits, the reverse of the coins is designed according to each country's own national motifs. However, this has no effect on the use of the common currency as a means of payment. Regardless of the design of the national reverse, the technical data of the coins are standardized for all euro countries. Material, thickness, weight and edge design are identical. This means that the euro coins can also be recognized by machine in all Member States.
The technical questions of coin production are a matter for the mint directors of the member states of the European Union. The European Commission has done important preparatory work on the question of the technical design of the coins. In doing so, she called in consumer and blind associations as well as representatives of the vending machine industry. The task was to create coins that all Europeans like, that people and machines can distinguish well and that blind people can easily feel.
The result is a very modern and uniform European coin system - user-friendly and forgery-proof. So that the individual coins can be easily distinguished from one another, they have different visual and tactile marks. The coins differ in color, shape and size. To protect against counterfeiting, the coins are made of three layers and the two largest denominations (1 and 2 euros) are combined in two different colors.
Particular emphasis was placed on the coins having a low nickel content, as nickel can cause allergies: the small coins (1, 2 and 5 cents) are nickel-free. They contain a steel core with a copper coating. An alloy from Scandinavia is used for the medium coins (10, 20 and 50 cents). This is called "Nordic gold". These coins are also nickel-free. A special feature: the euro coins of 10, 20 and 50 cents made from the alloy "Nordic gold" are not magnetic.
The decision to use nickel was only made for the 1 and 2 euro coins, as this metal is better suited for printing security features. The allergy risk was reduced by a very high quality alloy.
The technical details of the coin:
|Face value (euro)||By-|
|Thickness in mm||Weight in g||shape||colour||composition||Knurling|
|0,01||16,25||1,67||2,30||round||red||Steel with copper plating||smooth|
|0,02||18,75||1,67||3,06||round||red||Steel with copper plating||smooth with notch|
|0,05||21,25||1,67||3,92||round||red||Steel with copper plating||smooth|
|0,10||19,75||1,93||4,10||round||yellow||Nordic gold Cu89Al5Zn5Sn1||fine wave structure|
|0,20||22,25||2,14||5,74||"Spanish flower"||yellow||Nordic gold Cu89Al5Zn5Sn1||without edge embossing|
|0,50||24,25||2,38||7,80||round||yellow||Nordic gold Cu89Al5Zn5Sn1||fine wave structure|
three-layer Cu75Ni25 / Ni7 / Cu75Ni25
three-layer nickel-brass / nickel / nickel-brass
CuZn20Ni5 / Ni12 / CuZn20Ni5
|Lettering on the edge of the coin;|
The wrapping (rolling) of the euro coins
|Nominal (euro)||Roll through|
|Length / roll including paper bead (mm)||Number of coins per roll||Roll weight (g)||Role value (euro)||Paper color|
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- The Royal Military Police take part in the fight
- What are the best songs for karaoke
- Modern man loses his aesthetic sense
- Who are the Best Filipino Digital Artists
- Why is Amazon withdrawing from China
- All people think in pictures
- Who are Brett Kavanaugh's parents
- Is crystal meth good for a cold
- What is the weather like in September in Vancouver
- How is a drill a screw
- How to treat an injured meniscus
- Is parenting a dying art
- How's my SIP investment
- What is food self-sufficiency in Pakistan
- When did watches start using batteries?
- What influences the growth of nations
- What religion do ninjas practice
- Why is my manager bullying me
- What are Tarantino's favorite films
- Sweet tea can go bad
- What is the reality of Dasam Granth
- Is yoga really beneficial for the mental state?
- How do you see zakat
- Which web browser respects my privacy?
- What is the history of podcasting
- What is higher reality
- Weed TV series Who Shot Nancy Botwin
- Who are Shyp's main competitors
- How to untangle Tarhre
- How can Neironix help prevent fraud
- How do I crack the RSA number
- How come Facebook doesn't buy Quora
- Why does capillary water move against gravity