What is the difference between psychiatry and neurosurgery
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
If a herniated disc is suspected, a neurologist, neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon should be consulted so that he can initiate further diagnostics and initiate appropriate therapy. The specialist checks, among other things, the patient's reflexes, mobility and sensitivity, i.e. his sensitivity to various stimuli.
Use of imaging procedures for clarification
An X-ray of the spine from the front and the side gives the doctor indirect information about the intervertebral discs. Because although the intervertebral discs cannot be shown in the X-ray, the doctor can assess the so-called intervertebral spaces in which they are located. If the spaces between the individual vertebral bodies are severely narrowed, this is an indication of intervertebral disc damage in the case of existing complaints. However, this examination is superfluous if the symptoms are typical. In the past, an X-ray contrast medium was injected into the spinal canal, which made the spinal cord and nerve roots visible in the form of a contrast medium recess (myelography). Today, a herniated disc can be recognized directly with the help of modern cross-sectional imaging methods (computer or magnetic resonance imaging). The doctor will decide on a case-by-case basis which examination is possible. A contrast agent can also be used in tomography to differentiate between inflammatory and tumorous diseases. Based on the findings, i.e. based on the severity and physical effects of the herniated disc, the specialist decides on further treatment.
The emergency situations described cannot be postponed and require immediate imaging diagnostics and - mostly surgical - medical help.
- What is your average working day like
- How do cats distinguish men from women
- What is food self-sufficiency in Pakistan
- Which CEOs are bilingual
- Why is Linux not easy to use
- Who owns a Renault Twizy
- What is G minor 9 apartments
- What's the strangest thing about Russians
- How to make a paper doll
- What is Balli Mittai
- What is a PIN code on a phone
- Should I choose medicine or biochemistry?
- How to draw a realistic rose
- What is the Physiology of Sleep
- What is volumetric titration
- What notoriety is a massive shower
- Which top-level domains belong to Google
- What is underestimated about Miami Florida
- The exact domain name is important for SEO
- What is the ratification process
- David Bowie was a musical genius
- Are Sarcastic Couples Good or Horrible
- What type of engine is a bicycle
- Why is my period 13 days late